W10 keeps waking my sleeping hard disk

Discus and support W10 keeps waking my sleeping hard disk in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Since I installed Forza Motorsport 7 on one of my secondary storage drives, Windows is waking the drive on regular basis for no reason (I would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Shenmue is life, Oct 17, 2018.

1. W10 keeps waking my sleeping hard disk

Hi,

Since I installed Forza Motorsport 7 on one of my secondary storage drives, Windows is waking the drive on regular basis for no reason (I would say each 10 minutes after sleeping). How to stop that?

:)

Shenmue is life, Oct 17, 2018
  2. CPTKEN83
    CPTKEN83 Guest
    READ FIRST: An update regarding Quantum Break pre-order codes

Now got Alan Wake. Only QB W10 left.

CPTKEN83, Oct 17, 2018
  3. I preordered Quantum Break in february and still havent received my code for Alan Wake: American Nightmare

I preordered Quantum Break in february and still havent received my code for Alan Wake and Quantum Break (W10 code)

UnusedJeans9280, Oct 17, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Shenmue thanks for taking the time to bring this inquiry to us!

Since the games installed on the external hard drives are constantly looking for the latest updates to provide a better gaming experience, the hard drive tends to stay on to allow this to happen. Try turning off the auto update feature since this would stop
    the disc from staying on. Give it a shot and let us know if we can further assist in this or any other issues or inquiries!

XBF Nestor S, Oct 17, 2018
  5. Hi Nestor,

Thanks for your answer but both of my attempts failed:

Microsoft Store>Settings>Auto update applications>Disable

Xbox>My games>Forza Motorsport 7>Don't follow

Shenmue is life, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: