Vudu: no surround at all with 7.1 output

Discus and support Vudu: no surround at all with 7.1 output in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When choosing 7.1 Uncompressed I only hear 3.1 (Left, Center, Right+Sub) with no surround at all. Change settings to 5.1 uncompressed or DTS and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HomerVhato, Jan 4, 2014.

1. HomerVhato
    HomerVhato Guest

When choosing 7.1 Uncompressed I only hear 3.1 (Left, Center, Right+Sub) with no surround at all. Change settings to 5.1 uncompressed or DTS and surround in Vudu works properly. Games and Netflix play surround properly when 7.1 is chosen.

:)

HomerVhato, Jan 4, 2014
  2. WillyBurz
    WillyBurz Guest
    Two years in, and 7.1 Uncompressed still does not work correctly with any source outside of Games.

I have a 7.1 system set up correctly, and 7.1 uncompressed will NOT use the side surrounds at all on any content outside of gaming, it just throws all surround to the back wall surround speakers... NOTHING comes out of the side surrounds. Why has Microsoft
    not corrected this...Either fix it to use all 4 surrounds correctly by doubling up the output to each, or a suedo 7.1 Matrixed coding...Just do something, as the side surrounds have never received sound outside of gaming since the release of the system!

WillyBurz, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?

My question above was simply: 'does the XBOX One S have simulation capabilities for simulating ATMOS sound from a 5.1 or 7.1 surround input'? My system is functioning fine. I only ask because I tried setting the XBOX to ATMOS out with a 5.1 Dolby input
    from VUDU and my receiver displayed that I was receiving an ATMOS signal from the XBOX. I am using all highspeed 4k capable HDMI cables on all inputs and outputs.

CardTuba5342797, Jan 4, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: