Vudu - downloaded several times but can't link my gamertag with Vudu Account (360 only)

Discus and support Vudu - downloaded several times but can't link my gamertag with Vudu Account (360 only) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On my xbox one it works, but I have downloaded the vudu app several times and cleared system cache on my xbox 360 and each time the app launches it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Davitt, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Davitt
    Davitt Guest

Vudu - downloaded several times but can't link my gamertag with Vudu Account (360 only)

On my xbox one it works, but I have downloaded the vudu app several times and cleared system cache on my xbox 360 and each time the app launches it never asks to link to my vudu account or accept the terms of service and doesn't show any of my ultraviolet
    movie collection. I want the app to prompt me for my Vudu account and password so it will link to my ultraviolet account.

Any way to get Xbox 360 vudu app to do a clean install so it doesn't seem to want to hold on to the settings of the previous install. I can't see in the app what account it is linked to.

I checked on Managed devices under my Vudu account and I can see the xbox one, but no way to add my 360 to the managed devices.

:)

Davitt, Feb 8, 2016
  2. cor2879
    cor2879 Guest
    Vudu App connection timeout for at least 5 days straight

Hi,

For the past several days I have been unable to use the Vudu app on my Xbox One. This is the new Vudu app that was released about 2 weeks ago. When I attempt to open the app, it tries to connect to the Vudu server and then times out. I have tried doing
    a full reboot of my xbox, also uninstalling Vudu, doing a full reboot, and reinstalling but nothing helps. I emailed Vudu support yesterday but so far have gotten only crickets. What's going on with Vudu on Xbox?

cor2879, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest
    Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only choice to watch it is on the One or 360 ?

There is a way to do this. You need a vudu account and a Movies Anywhere account. You than use movies anywhere and link both you Microsoft account and Vudu account to this account. Most of you movies will than sync to Vudu ( Disney Movies might not).
    You than use Vudu on your phone to watch the movies on your mobile device or other devices that support vudu.

I use these account this way. Buy using movies anywhere itunes will also sync.

Dadwhite, Feb 8, 2016
  4. SemGebremeskel Win User

Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only choice to watch it is on the One or 360 ?

There is a way to do this. You need a vudu account and a Movies Anywhere account. You than use movies anywhere and link both you Microsoft account and Vudu account to this account. Most of you movies will than sync to Vudu ( Disney Movies might not).
    You than use Vudu on your phone to watch the movies on your mobile device or other devices that support vudu.

5. Dadwhite Win User

6. Gravity oXo Win User

Xbox One needs an app forFlixter & Ultraviolet

You can watch your UltraViolet movies/tv on the VUDU app on Xbox One. If you go to your account on VUDU, you can link your Ultraviolet account so they can be viewed from Flixster or VUDU. Hope that helps. :)
  7. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Movies on iPad/iPhone

Have you linked all your accounts? I know I can play movies on just about anything because I have most of my accounts linked between moviesanywhere, vudu, and microsoft. I think I have even more linked by my vudu. It actually surprised me how much was
    able to be linked between all of them.
  8. RandyAU93 Win User

movies anywhere app for xbox 360

If the Vudu app is still available on Xbox 360, you should be able to access Movies Anywhere through it. You just need to have your Vudu account synced with Movies Anywhere.
Thema:

1. Vudu - downloaded several times but can't link my gamertag with Vudu Account (360 only) - Similar Threads - Vudu downloaded several

2. How can I link my movies purchased in XBox Store to watch on my VUDU account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my movies purchased in XBox Store to watch on my VUDU account?: I figured out how to bring my VUDU to Microsoft but not the other way around. Most of my Microsoft movie purchases linked to Movies Anywhere, but the new Bond movie didn't transfer. I have other...
  3. vudu app on xbox one x not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    vudu app on xbox one x not working: help been going on for a long time now ,my xbox one x vudu app doesnt work cant even run 480p starts buffery over an over, tryed all kinds of fixes ,innie one know how to fix?...
  4. VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

in XBoX on Windows
    VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March: I have been grappling with this problem for nearly six months. Xbox support suggested posting to the Xbox forums; not sure whether they meant this or another site. This is fairly exhaustive so...
  5. Xbox Series X, alpha skip ahead, vudu dropping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, alpha skip ahead, vudu dropping: Since i can't seem to report it because my report button is missing, is anyone else having issues with vudu dropping about every 5 mins when watching a movie?? It doesn't matter the movie! And...
  6. Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead: I have a series x and LG C1, I noticed a few days ago my Vudu app started not launching properly. When I started the app I would get a black screen needing a app restart half the time. After the...
  7. Vudu app no longer works and will not launch

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app no longer works and will not launch: I have a series x and have a few movies through there app. I'm in alpha skip ahead as well. If we could get this looked at that would be great thanks submitted by /u/GINJABRAD [link] [comments]
  8. Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?: For the last few months anytime I go to purchase a movie in the VUDU app through Xbox it gives me an error. The error reads "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...
  9. DV Black level issue with VUDU and Disney+ on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    DV Black level issue with VUDU and Disney+ on xbox series x: Has anyone else noticed the black levels are elevated on either of these two apps? VUDU and Disney+ look great but I have to lower the brightness to match the normal black level of all the other...
  10. Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie: Hello, i have a problem with the Vudu movie app. When i finish tv episode, that I own, the app gets hung up and will not play the next episode. I am then forced to reboot the app, then it works...