vudu app on xbox one x not working

Discus and support vudu app on xbox one x not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; help been going on for a long time now ,my xbox one x vudu app doesnt work cant even run 480p starts buffery over an over, tryed all kinds of fixes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Battlemadman58, Nov 18, 2021.

1. vudu app on xbox one x not working

help been going on for a long time now ,my xbox one x vudu app doesnt work cant even run 480p starts buffery over an over, tryed all kinds of fixes ,innie one know how to fix?

:)

Battlemadman58, Nov 18, 2021
  2. MelissaNeves1 Win User

VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

Hello, I have been having the same issue. No matter what I do the Vudu app will not work on my Xbox anymore. I have an Xbox one and X and it will not work on either
  3. jello buster Win User

I have this same issue and ONLY on my Xbox Vudu app, everything else streams fine but Vudu on Xbox has constant buffering on anything hdx and above, intermittent on standard. For me this is only happening on my series x version of the app, I have a one x, two iPads, an android tablet and Vudu works no problem no buffering can watch things all day, but as soon as I get on my series x and launch Vudu I can be certain it’ll ask me if I want to down grade quality to lessen buffering (and of course it’s worded to make me feel like it’s an issue with my isp) within the first ten to twenty min of watching something. It’s definitely an updated Xbox Vudu app issue, Since I can stream from my Vudu account flawlessly on any other device in my house.
  4. STARROB Win User

I have XBOX series X VUDU Black screen issue ( app wont launch) since Late AUG 2021, there was an xbox update in OCTOBER introducing additional support and settings for Dolby vision and HDR and whatever that was made the VUDU app worked again, however it has been short lived as I have made a purchase on VUDU on 11/29 and now I get a black screen on xbox when launching, does this VUDU app not work with certain resolutions that fight tv and XBOX, it works on PS5 , it works through my SONY Television, I'm curious if the latest update that was pushed about a week ago has crippled the VUDU app again... any help or suggestions would be appreciated, so done with functionality not working with NEXT GEN tech, we can go to space but can't get an app to stream on a streaming device, very frustrated XBOX user....
  5. TheInfectedScar Win User

I have the same problem or a problem similar. The Vudu app simply does not open up on Xbox it starts and then goes black screen. I have two different Xbox, one is a series X. There was a temporary fix when I made a secondary Xbox gamer tag name and download the app via that account but now that one doesn’t work either. This is absolutely ridiculous it’s been going on for over a year the Vudu app starts but does not open up I can’t access any of my movies.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Battlemadman58,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play movies and/or TV with your Xbox Console. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

As per description, you wanted the display resolution will be 480p and to change or update that we might need to check few things. Let us check below some suggested troubleshooting you can perform.

Suggested Troubleshooting:

Method 1:

Based on support article About TV resolutions and Xbox, 720p Is conder the best resolution for the smaller TV. So, in this case, you may try to check your TV's resolution by following the steps here: How to change the display resolution for your TV on Xbox if it detects the 480p.

Method 2:

Please do a power cycle of your Xbox Console. Guide: How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console

Method 3:

Please make use of the set of troubleshooting that can be found here: Troubleshoot Movies & TV on Xbox.

Method 4:

Last resort, kindly contact the Support for Vudu - VUDU - Support

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. vudu app on xbox one x not working - Similar Threads - vudu app working

2. VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

in XBoX on Windows
    VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March: I have been grappling with this problem for nearly six months. Xbox support suggested posting to the Xbox forums; not sure whether they meant this or another site. This is fairly exhaustive so...
  3. Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead: I have a series x and LG C1, I noticed a few days ago my Vudu app started not launching properly. When I started the app I would get a black screen needing a app restart half the time. After the...
  4. Vudu app no longer works and will not launch

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app no longer works and will not launch: I have a series x and have a few movies through there app. I'm in alpha skip ahead as well. If we could get this looked at that would be great thanks submitted by /u/GINJABRAD [link] [comments]
  5. Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?: For the last few months anytime I go to purchase a movie in the VUDU app through Xbox it gives me an error. The error reads "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...
  6. Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie: Hello, i have a problem with the Vudu movie app. When i finish tv episode, that I own, the app gets hung up and will not play the next episode. I am then forced to reboot the app, then it works...
  7. Vudu app not working/messed up startup

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app not working/messed up startup: Vudu app just goes black when I open it until I hit the start button twice. Even when I can see the screen it won’t allow me to log in. Also when I turn the series x on the dash is green and...
  8. Vudu app not opening on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vudu app not opening on Xbox 360: We've had vudu on our xbox360 for a long time. Recently, it will not open, citing "it is unavailable now, try again later" and there's a network connectivity error. However, our WiFi is working on...
  9. Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app: I normally watch movies in the Vudu app because the Movies & TV app doesn't support Dolby Vision. After today's build Dolby Vision no longer works in the Vudu app, instead it plays using HDR and...
  10. VUDU app stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VUDU app stop working: For the past couple of days I have not been able to use the VUDU app on Xbox one and Xbox one S. Sometimes the App would launch but will get a blank screen other times it will not launch at all. I...