Vudu app no longer works and will not launch

Discus and support Vudu app no longer works and will not launch in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a series x and have a few movies through there app. I'm in alpha skip ahead as well. If we could get this looked at that would be great thanks... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GINJABRAD, Aug 3, 2021.

1. /u/GINJABRAD
    /u/GINJABRAD Guest

I have a series x and have a few movies through there app. I'm in alpha skip ahead as well. If we could get this looked at that would be great thanks

submitted by /u/GINJABRAD
    [link] [comments]

/u/GINJABRAD, Aug 3, 2021
  2. STARROB Win User

VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

I have XBOX series X VUDU Black screen issue ( app wont launch) since Late AUG 2021, there was an xbox update in OCTOBER introducing additional support and settings for Dolby vision and HDR and whatever that was made the VUDU app worked again, however it has been short lived as I have made a purchase on VUDU on 11/29 and now I get a black screen on xbox when launching, does this VUDU app not work with certain resolutions that fight tv and XBOX, it works on PS5 , it works through my SONY Television, I'm curious if the latest update that was pushed about a week ago has crippled the VUDU app again... any help or suggestions would be appreciated, so done with functionality not working with NEXT GEN tech, we can go to space but can't get an app to stream on a streaming device, very frustrated XBOX user....
  3. Charleswjr55 Win User

Loading Apps

I haven't had problems with games just some of the Apps.

And I have another App to add to the list. The VUDU App will not launch.
  4. jello buster Win User

I have this same issue and ONLY on my Xbox Vudu app, everything else streams fine but Vudu on Xbox has constant buffering on anything hdx and above, intermittent on standard. For me this is only happening on my series x version of the app, I have a one x, two iPads, an android tablet and Vudu works no problem no buffering can watch things all day, but as soon as I get on my series x and launch Vudu I can be certain it’ll ask me if I want to down grade quality to lessen buffering (and of course it’s worded to make me feel like it’s an issue with my isp) within the first ten to twenty min of watching something. It’s definitely an updated Xbox Vudu app issue, Since I can stream from my Vudu account flawlessly on any other device in my house.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Vudu app is not working

Hey there, rake beam! There are quite a few known issues with streaming apps in the NXOE update. You will want to check out the
    Update Preview Forums for the latest updates, and be sure to report your issues through the Feedback app on the console. Thanks for understanding! :)
  6. The Makr Win User

I have the black screen of death on two separate Xboxes in the house, but vudu app appears to work out my Windows 11 desktop. Pretty sure Vudu just needs to address their app.
Thema:

1. Vudu app no longer works and will not launch - Similar Threads - Vudu app longer

2. vudu app on xbox one x not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    vudu app on xbox one x not working: help been going on for a long time now ,my xbox one x vudu app doesnt work cant even run 480p starts buffery over an over, tryed all kinds of fixes ,innie one know how to fix?...
  3. VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

in XBoX on Windows
    VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March: I have been grappling with this problem for nearly six months. Xbox support suggested posting to the Xbox forums; not sure whether they meant this or another site. This is fairly exhaustive so...
  4. Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app, movies & tv failing to launch in alpha skip ahead: I have a series x and LG C1, I noticed a few days ago my Vudu app started not launching properly. When I started the app I would get a black screen needing a app restart half the time. After the...
  5. Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase movies in my VUDU app on Xbox Series X. Any Ideas?: For the last few months anytime I go to purchase a movie in the VUDU app through Xbox it gives me an error. The error reads "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might...
  6. Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have to reboot Vudu app after every movie: Hello, i have a problem with the Vudu movie app. When i finish tv episode, that I own, the app gets hung up and will not play the next episode. I am then forced to reboot the app, then it works...
  7. Vudu app not working/messed up startup

in XboX Insiders
    Vudu app not working/messed up startup: Vudu app just goes black when I open it until I hit the start button twice. Even when I can see the screen it won’t allow me to log in. Also when I turn the series x on the dash is green and...
  8. Vudu app not opening on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vudu app not opening on Xbox 360: We've had vudu on our xbox360 for a long time. Recently, it will not open, citing "it is unavailable now, try again later" and there's a network connectivity error. However, our WiFi is working on...
  9. Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision no longer works in Vudu app: I normally watch movies in the Vudu app because the Movies & TV app doesn't support Dolby Vision. After today's build Dolby Vision no longer works in the Vudu app, instead it plays using HDR and...
  10. VUDU app stop working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VUDU app stop working: For the past couple of days I have not been able to use the VUDU app on Xbox one and Xbox one S. Sometimes the App would launch but will get a blank screen other times it will not launch at all. I...