Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up

Discus and support Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So, ever since these 3 Xbox app and game bar updates this week, I can no longer talk in voice chat. I can hear everyone fine, game chat works fine, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by George FkXbox, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up

So, ever since these 3 Xbox app and game bar updates this week, I can no longer talk in voice chat. I can hear everyone fine, game chat works fine, but xbox party chat on PC only lets me speak when the game bar overlay is up. I've seen some other people experiencing similar issues, but the links to the "solutions" are no longer active.

:)

George FkXbox, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello George,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello George,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with Xbox party chat on your PC. The problem you’re describing could be caused by a number of factors, including outdated drivers, incorrect audio settings, or a problem with the Xbox app itself.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your privacy settings: Make sure that your microphone access is allowed for Xbox Game Bar.
      To do this, go to your Windows settings, select Privacy, and then select Microphone. Make sure that the toggle switch for “Allow apps to access your microphone” is turned on. You can also check if your privacy settings are correct by signing in to Xbox.com and then selecting Account Manager. From there, select More options > Xbox settings > Privacy & online safety. In the Privacy tab, make sure that “Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites” is set to Everyone.

2. Update your audio drivers: Outdated or incorrect audio drivers can cause issues with Xbox party chat. You should go to the manufacturer’s website of your sound card, find the latest version of the driver, and install it on your computer. Ensure to download the latest correct driver that is compatible with your computer operating system.
    3. Reset your audio settings: You can try resetting your audio settings to default. Here are the steps to follow:
      • Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
      • Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category.
      • Right-click your audio device and select Uninstall device.
      • Restart your computer.
      • Windows will automatically reinstall the audio driver.
    4. Reinstall the Xbox app: If none of the above steps work, you can try reinstalling the Xbox app. First, uninstall the app from your computer. Then, download and install the latest version of the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store. You may also try the steps on this link: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. hopethishelps4568321 Win User

Game Bar Party only hears me if xbox game bar is actively open

This is by no means a good fix, but it has worked for me at at least lets you talk to your friends without actively keeping the gamebar open. When you are in a party, hit Win + G and click the pin icon on the "xbox party widget". You will see the overlay on your screen which is a tad annoying, but party chat will actually work and people can hear you.
  5. aleksihuhtala Win User

xbox beta pc mute problem

the application(and overlay) shows me i have not muted them before I go to the party voice chat, but when i join to the voice chat the app shows me i have muted other guys and i cant remove that mute
  6. TheWevskys Win User

GeForce Experience FPS Not Showing In Games

Everything comes up..the whole lot. ive just set up msi afterburner for on screen display hopefully that will display fps unlike nvidia geforce

also when win g is pressed my controller moves about on the bar at the top so cant play game until i click mouse on main game screen,then overlay vanishes
Thema:

1. Voice Chat only works when Win+G overlay is up - Similar Threads - Voice Chat works

2. Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my roblox xbox voice chat not working: (I set all my Communication settings to everyone and my age is verified And also my xbox Communication settings are also set to everyone) PLS help IDK what else I can do...
  3. Am I banned? Why doesn't my voice chat work?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I banned? Why doesn't my voice chat work?: Im on xbox one s and my voice chat isn't working in xbox party chats or in Fortnite but when I made a new account it works perfectly fine in xbox chats and in Fortnite so my mic isnt broken and I...
  4. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  5. Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite voice chat no working Xbox series S: I play Fortnite on my Xbox series S and can hear my friends on the Fortnite voice chat but they can’t hear me. How do I fix this? 913acd1a-eaf5-4531-8572-38e49b57f39a
  6. Whys isn’t my Xbox voice chat working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whys isn’t my Xbox voice chat working?: I was playing rocket league when suddenly my Xbox kept forcing me to game chat on discord and Xbox party’s and I cant even speak in games, has my voice chat been banned or is it a bug?...
  7. pc xbox voice chat isnt working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    pc xbox voice chat isnt working: when i try to join a party on xbox pc it says im conecting and or disconnecting so i just cant use Xbox pc voice chat and i dont know how to fix it. its been doing it for months now and its so...
  8. How to get voice chat/game chat to work again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get voice chat/game chat to work again?: I am unable to hear anyone, and no one can hear me. When I click on to channels, there is a message at the bottom of the screen highlighted in red that says. "Disruptive Behavior Enforcement:...
  9. Roblox voice chat not working on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox voice chat not working on xbox series x: Tried removing the power plug and its still not working, mic works on every other game except roblox 0d7ede99-d022-47a6-8150-43ee7412f454
  10. Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) xcloud voice chat isn't working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) xcloud voice chat isn't working: When using the xcloud streaming in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) if I connect to guild voice chat I can hear chat for 1 second and then it shuts off. I have xbox game pass ultimate and I don't have a...