VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH

Discus and support VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; VLC crashes Console (XB1s), its a hard crash meaning console turns off completely, turning the console back on shows the whole green xbox splash... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XxSavagedJLJPxX, Jan 15, 2017.

1. VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH

VLC crashes Console (XB1s), its a hard crash meaning console turns off completely, turning the console back on shows the whole green xbox splash screen. File is ANY 4k video file i have, tested with different audio codecs and video formats, and resolutions
    aswell. Only 4K is causing this. i was wondering if anyone has resources they can point me twords this, either personal exp. or their forums ive looked for a couple hours and cant find any info.

ALSO***** is it possible to Review crash logs for apps on the XB1 without Dev. access??

Thanks In Advanced!!

:)

XxSavagedJLJPxX, Jan 15, 2017
  2. venom711
    venom711 Guest
    Tried clearing cache etc etc my games dont work still

Im having slight same problem my xbox freezes or crashes when i start the game digital or hard copies what can i do other than hard reset my console to delete mi cache or factory reset cause none of it works so far

venom711, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Xbox one reliability

Have you tried a hard reset? leaving it in Instant-On mode for several days can cause games to randomly crash or not start.

Indiana Jones, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Francia J. Win User

Why does Diablo IV keep crashing?

Sorry for that. Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well such as crashing games.
  5. WPAK Win User

HD Xbox 360

Just to be sure only insert/remove a hard drive when the console is powered off.

If the console is only crashing or not working correctly when the hard drive is connected, this could mean a hardware failure for the HDD itself.

A thing to do is to see what happens when you connect your HDD to a different 360 console (same type as yours), if that console will also restart and crash then it most likely is the cause of the HDD and you will likely need to get a replacement HDD

Let us know the results
  6. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Battlefield 3 freezing on campaign

Does the game tend to crash/freeze/lock-up at the same moment? Or is it sporadic?

Game freezing can be somewhat unpredictable, and hard to resolve (especially in older and BC titles that are outside of the development cycle). Sometimes it's the console that causes the problem, if I get game crashes or freezes I try to power cycle the console
    and I usually have a good response with that. Give it a shot!
  7. Mister Cazador Win User

Media Player Library stopped refreshing

Hi there ColdenGrey 666, thank you for reaching out to us.

If you're currently experiencing this issue with the Media Player app on your Xbox One console not displaying your latest additions, have you been able to try another media player app on your Xbox One console such as

VLC
    to see if you're then able to have those new additions to your external hard drive recognized?

Let us know if that helps or if you have any additional questions or concerns about this :)
  8. DaBlackHebrew Win User

Gears of War: Freeze and Crash After Last Update?

I am seeing that same issue. Just to emphasize this is not just an app crash, but a hard lockup which causes the console to restart. For me it I saw it happening while playing Gears of War 3, RAAM's Shadow DLC.
Thema:

VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH

1. VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH - Similar Threads - VLC CAUSES HARD

2. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?: I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there is another player that plays HDR 4K files?...
  5. Is VLC working for anyone on latest Alpha xbox update

in XboX Insiders
    Is VLC working for anyone on latest Alpha xbox update: It just makes a beep bop noise then dashboard appears again submitted by /u/dontasciime [link] [comments]
  6. VLC sur xbox one S[VLC sur xbox one S]

in XBoX on Consoles
    VLC sur xbox one S[VLC sur xbox one S]: Bonjour, j'ai un souci avec VLC sur ma xbox one S. Un récent problème est apparu hier, lorsque j'ai voulu lire plusieurs vidéo provenant de mon disc dur, un message d'erreur apparait : "vlc is...
  7. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music): Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background? Xbox's...
  8. Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues: So, I'm wondering why this is going on or if there's some sort of fix. Sometimes when I try to play a video from my External 5 TB drive I get an error saying that the video couldn't be played,...
  9. VLC App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VLC App: Hi. VLC worked perfectly to play video from an external HDD right before I started to use the MS remote control just bought. FYI, I used the same HDD same setting everything same, VLC just fail to...
  10. How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...: Hello @ ALL Following Situation: XboxOne with Medialplayer and new VLC Player Music stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) I want to create playlists for my music which i have on my NAS...