Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View...

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; How do I get rid of this virtual keyboard????? It is so frustrating not being able to turn this off because it literally means a button on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LepreKamiKaze, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View...

How do I get rid of this virtual keyboard????? It is so frustrating not being able to turn this off because it literally means a button on my controller is useless. Its always been my scoreboard button in so many games and I can't check it anymore without having to take the time IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME to move across the keyboard to remove it. sometimes it literally wont stop popping up constantly mid game, it is insanely frustrating. I just want this keyboard button off of my controller forever. why is it so difficult to find answers to my problem? I've tried both xbox apps already so anyone have any better ideas?

submitted by /u/LepreKamiKaze
    [link] [comments]

/u/LepreKamiKaze, Dec 20, 2021
  2. LloydTaylor1 Win User

HELP

The problem is that the onscreen keyboard or virtual keyboard will not appear whenever I try to search, enter passwords, or text the virtual keyboard never appears the cursor flashes a few times then stops the controller is completely unresponsive the only responsive button on the controller is the home button in the center of the controller which pulls up an onscreen menu that I still can't navigate because no other buttons on the controller are responsive but like I previously said this is only temporary but as soon as I need to pull up the virtual keyboard it happens all over again my virtual keyboard will not appear onscreen
  3. Arminator Win User

Keyboard/Mouse?

In order to keep an equal and fair multiplayer experience, you can only play with controllers on the Xbox One.

Games that work on the PC as well (like for example Gears of War 4) can be played with keyboard and mouse, but you can only play cooperative multiplayer with console owners that have to use controllers, so mouse and keyboard users don't have an advantage.

These XIM4 or Mayflash devices aren't real mouse and keyboard devices. These devices show themselves as a standard controller to the console, and when you move the mouse, the adaptor "guesses" from the speed you move the mouse, how hard it should push a
    simulated controller stick in a certain direction.

These adaptors won't give you the same control as the mouse on a real PC.

When you stream the Xbox game screen to your PC, you can also only use a Xbox controller. Mouse and Keyboard won't work as a game input (you can only use the keyboard to enter text when the virtual keyboard is shown).

There are plans to get Keyboard and mouse working, if there ever is a way to stream the PC screen to the Xbox console.

But currently, if you're playing on the Xbox console, it's controller only (even if the controller is "guesstimated" with mouse and keyboard inputs).
  4. DARKSERGANT6 Win User

No virtual keyboard shows up

Go to xbox services and then they will tell you what to do
  5. ngocphi Win User

Does anyone else feel this would be cool??

No as it's is up to the developer to allow or disallow keyboard and mouse

If you are playing pure pc games then you won't have an issue

If you use cloud or remote play you need a controller as the games are designed for controllers not keyboard or mouse
  6. Bazeon12 Win User

Halo MCC (Steam version) can't sign in

Just press escape on the keyboard, this will remove the pop up window and allow the controller to be used.. the pop up window will show up again and then press B on your controller and it will go, but it has to be escape then B as pressing escape again
    just allows it to pop up again for some reason.
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View...

1. Virtual Keyboard won't stop showing up while I use controller on PC and press the View... - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard won't

2. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  3. Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

in XBoX on Windows
    Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S ): Hi, I will copy and paste a question made in October 2021, because after almost 2 years we still have the same issue. So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of...
  4. Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S): I'm copying and pasting a question made in October 2021 and still there is not a fix. Hi, So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one...
  5. Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?: How do I remove groups from the home screen? How do I disable that useless virtual keyboard? Just picked one up, been busy setting it up. What is with the garbage groups I am not interested in,...
  6. Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?: i play a lot of games with my xbox 360 controller on pc and was wondering if there was a way to get a xbox or any kind of virtual keyboard on screen by pressing a button my xbox 360 controller....
  7. ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X: Good Morning! I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my Xbox it seems to be giving me a ghost box...
  8. Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?: The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head. It also censors words like raw and feces neither...
  9. How do you fix the virtual keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you fix the virtual keyboard: I bought a xbox one series s second hand and as far as I can tell it is all fine when it comes to game play ect, however when asked to type anything onto the virtual keyboard I am unable to move...
  10. Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard.: Every time I need to sign in or enter my email and the virtual keyboard comes up, as soon as I move off the predictive text bar to the keypad I'm instantly moved back to the top left corner on the...