Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

Discus and support Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S ) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I will copy and paste a question made in October 2021, because after almost 2 years we still have the same issue. So I was wondering, I use a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nifel, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Nifel
    Nifel Guest

Hi, I will copy and paste a question made in October 2021, because after almost 2 years we still have the same issue.

So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one s.

But it always shows the virtual "controller" keyboard which sometimes overlaps my text when i'm writing something or doing any school work. Now I don't know if that are going to change this but if anyone has information about this, please let me know.

:)

Nifel, Sep 3, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Hi Nifel

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know how you can prevent the virtual controller keyboard from popping out. Whenever you try to use your Physical keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One Series S with the MS Edge browser.

We understand that you are quite at loss this time. As you are unable to look for other particular way to prevent your virtual controller keyboard from popping out when you use a computer keyboard and mouse. That is why we will do our best to provide you with all the possible options that you can try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• If possible, kindly please provide a screenshot of the problem. In order for us to further isolate your current concern.

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One S )

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There isn't a way to permanently disable the on-screen keyboard for now, but a simple workaround for this is to press B on the controller when it comes up, that should temporarily hide it.

Hope this helps.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

im new . when setting up for first time. if i make a mistake ?, how do i go back one step???

6. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Keyboard and mouse for X Cloud Gaming?

Thema:

1. Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S ) - Similar Threads - Virtual keyboard microsoft

2. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  3. Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S): I'm copying and pasting a question made in October 2021 and still there is not a fix. Hi, So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one...
  4. Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?: How do I remove groups from the home screen? How do I disable that useless virtual keyboard? Just picked one up, been busy setting it up. What is with the garbage groups I am not interested in,...
  5. Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?: i play a lot of games with my xbox 360 controller on pc and was wondering if there was a way to get a xbox or any kind of virtual keyboard on screen by pressing a button my xbox 360 controller....
  6. ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X: Good Morning! I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my Xbox it seems to be giving me a ghost box...
  7. Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?: The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head. It also censors words like raw and feces neither...
  8. How do you fix the virtual keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you fix the virtual keyboard: I bought a xbox one series s second hand and as far as I can tell it is all fine when it comes to game play ect, however when asked to type anything onto the virtual keyboard I am unable to move...
  9. How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,: I play with keyboard and mouse on Xbox and after updating a game, the keyboard started to appear on the screen while the chat was open, but before the update the virtual keyboard did not....
  10. Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One S )

in XBoX on Windows
    Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One S ): Hi, So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one s. But the only problem I had with it is that it always shows the virtual "controller"...