Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm copying and pasting a question made in October 2021 and still there is not a fix. Hi, So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MarcoLetona, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

I'm copying and pasting a question made in October 2021 and still there is not a fix.

Hi,

So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of microsoft edge on the xbox one s.

But the only problem I had with it is that it always shows the virtual "controller" keyboard which sometimes overlaps my text when i'm writing something or doing any school work. Now I don't know if that are going to change this but if anyone has information about this, please let me know.

submitted by /u/MarcoLetona
    [link] [comments]

/u/MarcoLetona, Sep 2, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Edge mouse support

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is

Welcome to the community. I hope I can help you in the best way.

Hello Egbert, the Chromium-based Edge browser is available in limited testing on Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. Users of Alpha Skip-Ahead, a fairly limited group of people, can now use a mouse and keyboard to control the browser, which ensures a closer PC experience.

Full mouse and keyboard support is still in testing on Edge and there is no release forecast for all Xbox users yet.

Best regards,

3. SwordofWhedon Win User

If I buy the Xbox one Hogwarts Legacy will I be able to play also on Xbox series X/S after is it compatible ?

Virtually all Xbox One games are compatible

It will not take advantage of the resolution and features of Series console. It will deliver Xbox One levels of performance on Series S, One X on Series X
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Sun Khou Win User

Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

Hi Nifel

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know how you can prevent the virtual controller keyboard from popping out. Whenever you try to use your Physical keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One Series S with the MS Edge browser.

We understand that you are quite at loss this time. As you are unable to look for other particular way to prevent your virtual controller keyboard from popping out when you use a computer keyboard and mouse. That is why we will do our best to provide you with all the possible options that you can try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• If possible, kindly please provide a screenshot of the problem. In order for us to further isolate your current concern.

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. xA7XxDeathBat Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Good morning! As long as you are talking about the Series S or X, then according to sources yes, almost any Keyboard or Mouse will be suitable. Please see below:

"The USB transmitters that ship alongside wireless gaming mice and keyboards handle all the data communication between your peripherals and your console. This means that almost all wireless keyboards and mice will work with Xbox Series X and S."

There is a very informative article on the devices here:

https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-use-keyboard-and-mouse-on-xbox-series-x-or-s

Of course, that being said, devices made specifically for the system will have more finely tuned compatibility.

Hopefully this helps!
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S)

1. Virtual Keyboard on Edge (Xbox Series X/S) - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard Edge

2. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  3. Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S )

in XBoX on Windows
    Virtual keyboard on microsoft edge ( Xbox One X/S ): Hi, I will copy and paste a question made in October 2021, because after almost 2 years we still have the same issue. So I was wondering, I use a keyboard and mouse on the newest version of...
  4. Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?: How do I remove groups from the home screen? How do I disable that useless virtual keyboard? Just picked one up, been busy setting it up. What is with the garbage groups I am not interested in,...
  5. Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any Way To Get a Xbox Virtual Keyboard by my Xbox 360 Controller For Games?: i play a lot of games with my xbox 360 controller on pc and was wondering if there was a way to get a xbox or any kind of virtual keyboard on screen by pressing a button my xbox 360 controller....
  6. ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    ISSUE with Virtual Keyboard on XBOX SERIES X: Good Morning! I seem to be having an issue with my virtual keyboard on my Xbox series X console -- So for example if i bring up a previous chat on my Xbox it seems to be giving me a ghost box...
  7. Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the XboxOne virtual keyboard censor numbers and words that make no sense to censor?: The virtual keyboard is clearing the text every time I type various numbers like 10 and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head. It also censors words like raw and feces neither...
  8. How do you fix the virtual keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you fix the virtual keyboard: I bought a xbox one series s second hand and as far as I can tell it is all fine when it comes to game play ect, however when asked to type anything onto the virtual keyboard I am unable to move...
  9. How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off the Xbox virtual keyboard,: I play with keyboard and mouse on Xbox and after updating a game, the keyboard started to appear on the screen while the chat was open, but before the update the virtual keyboard did not....
  10. How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?: AFAIK there is now way to disable it. But may be we can request this feature to be provided in the next updates? You see, I use real mouse and keyboard with my Xbox Series X while surfing the...