VirginMedia: 2 xboxs with massive download difference

Discus and support VirginMedia: 2 xboxs with massive download difference in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): 2 xboxs with massive download difference Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Deano79, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Deano79
    Deano79 Guest

VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways): 2 xboxs with massive download difference
    Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the same speed set. I'll lead you through troubleshooting steps that may help you. First lets hold the power button on the console (with the issue) for 8 seconds until it powers down
    once off unplug it from receiving power and sending HDMI signals (and an Ethernet cable if you have a wired connection) wait up to 5 minutes then plug it all back in and try again.

:)

Deano79, Dec 12, 2016
  2. Downloading Games for Gold is slow/crashes

Good Morning,

Firstly EmotionalSkin7 is not my real Gamertag its TheRonin Hunter, I cannot post atm with that account which MS are looking into.

Now, I have had issues downloading any Games for Gold stuff since its launch, the download will be slow and/or will eventually crash out (IE disappears from the Active Download screen). I am currently on VirginiMedia 120Mbps with a 12-15ms ping response
    and I constantly get that speed on speedtest.net

My Home Network setup is as followers

Xbox360 Slim connected via Cat6 to a netgear 1Gbps switch

Netgear switch is connected via Cat6 to a Netgear N900 router

Netgrar N900 router is connected via Cat6 to the VirginMedia SuperHub2 in modem mode

Troubleshooting

I have tried 2 different XBox's with different Gamertags with no difference in outcome

I have tried a Direct connection to the Netgear N900 & SuperHub2 with no difference

Port forwarding is enabled to the Xbox 360's static IP address

Contacted VirginMedia who confirm there is no restrictions on their network for XBoxLive

Contacted XboxLive Custoemr support who have dismissed my case twice with no investigation.

Any advice?

Kind regards

Lewis

EmotionalSkink7, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    Virginmedia major Routing/DPI failure.

Virginmedia is currently and has been for the last 4 days suffering an major issue, the official line from Virginmedia is they are having a routing issue and UBI-Soft are currently telling Virgin customers having trouble with GR-FS to contact Virginmedia
    as its an issue on Virginmedia's end.

This is just for your information and may help some use's. There is lots of information on Virginmedia official technical support forums with advice from Virginmedia's staff.

Ooh im good, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest

Networks aren't strong enough to run two consoles at the same time with the same speed set. I'll lead you through troubleshooting steps that may help you. First lets hold the power button on the console (with the issue) for 8 seconds until it powers down
    once off unplug it from receiving power and sending HDMI signals (and an Ethernet cable if you have a wired connection) wait up to 5 minutes then plug it all back in and try again.

Qwertei, Dec 12, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: