Virgin Media V-box (Cisco 4585DVB) not working with OneGuide

Discus and support Virgin Media V-box (Cisco 4585DVB) not working with OneGuide in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Subject is pretty self explanatory. I am unable to get my V-Box HD to work with the one guide. V-Box is an option when going through the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dunners27, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Dunners27
    Dunners27 Guest

Hi,

Subject is pretty self explanatory. I am unable to get my V-Box HD to work with the one guide.

V-Box is an option when going through the setup, but once selected rather than taking me through the test screen (power test by turning stb off) it goes striaght to "We cannot tell what cable or satellite box you have".

I have tried to manually enter the model of 4585 but it doesnt recognise it. Whats going on?

:)

Dunners27, Jan 6, 2015
  2. Hac Lege
    Hac Lege Guest
    Virgin cable box not turning on - V+ Box HD (CISCO 4585DVB?)

V+ Box HD (CISCO 4585DVB?)
    Xbox One does not turn cable box on. Everything else appears to work correctly and will turn off.

I've tuned it automatically & used what I believe is the actual model entered manually. Each give a differet remote code. However the manual Cisco code appears to work better.

Advice?

However, neither turn the box on

Hac Lege, Jan 6, 2015
  3. tec70
    tec70 Guest
    Power options not working properly

So I have set the Power options to turn on and off my TV with the Xbox One. This works fine.

I have now connected my Virgin Media Set top box (Cisco 4585DVB - NOT TIVO) through the Xbox One and want it to do the same. Using the setup guide the box turns off and on OK however when I use it normally the box wont turn off.

I set both power options for the cable box to Toggle. I don't understand why it works in the setup (so it must have the right IR codes) but not normally.

tec70, Jan 6, 2015
  4. Virgin Media V-box (Cisco 4585DVB) not working with OneGuide

Hey Dunners,

Do you have a Kinect or IR extension cable, as one or both is required to control your STB and TV.

From using the UEISupport.com site, it appears that the following codesets may work to control your device (in priority order, it's likely to be one of the first 2):

You can enter these codesets in from TV & OneGuide settings -> Device control -> Cable/sat box -> Enter remote code.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Jan 12, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cisco-virgin v-box 4585 not booting