Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps.

Discus and support Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have noticed this issue specifically while watching videos in the Edge and Netflix apps, and while watching a friend's game footage. The video may... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TranquilTort, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TranquilTort
    TranquilTort Guest

Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps.

I have noticed this issue specifically while watching videos in the Edge and Netflix apps, and while watching a friend's game footage. The video may play for a few seconds, then cycle through a few frames for a while before giving up and displaying completely
    green until the video is exited.

:)

TranquilTort, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Video Playback Not Working. Mostly Green Screen With Heavy Pixelation.

Hi,

Video playback isn't working. All I see is a mostly green screen with heavy pixilation. Audio works fine.

This affects video playback in Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, ESPN (just video playback not the app bar, etc.).

This does not affect games so far (cut scenes in Forza and Ryse play without issue), does not affect the dashboard, or Live TV.

Anyone else having this issue? Any solution?

number1fdraftpick, Mar 4, 2016
  3. i JOKER i
    i JOKER i Guest
    Xbox video freezing (xbox one)

I'm having the same problem with all video apps... Freezes the sound stutters and then shuts off... With Netflix it show cannot play video then shuts off.

i JOKER i, Mar 4, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Have you tried performing a hard reset on your console to see if it will help? Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power
    cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results.

{Parity}, Mar 4, 2016
  5. {Parity} Win User

Have you tried performing a hard reset on your console to see if it will help? Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power
    cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results.
  6. Old_School_Jimmy Win User

Streaming Videos not playing since update.

I've been experiencing the same thing over the past few days ( live video streams or recorded video streams stutters and then eventually stops as audio continues, screen sometimes goes blank (green), stuttering video looks like it's skips frames forwards
    and backwards in a loop ). The same problem has occurred in these apps : Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, CBS News, and ABC News. I could have checked other apps, but what's the point? It's got to be affecting all video apps I'm sure. I checked both full screen
    and Snap video for all these apps and the problem is the same.

XBox Live on the XBox One has been a terrible experience for me over the past year or two. This is just the latest problem. One buys a game console or set-top box to get AWAY FROM this troubleshooting nonsense.
  7. Old_School_Jimmy Win User

Getting green screen or freezing up while watching videos on Hulu and Netflix, but the audio is fine.

I've been experiencing the same thing over the past few days ( live video streams or recorded video streams stutters and then eventually stops as audio continues, screen sometimes goes blank (green), stuttering video looks like it's skips frames forwards
    and backwards in a loop ). The same problem has occurred in these apps : Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, CBS News, and ABC News. I could have checked other apps, but what's the point? It's got to be affecting all video apps I'm sure. I checked both full screen

XBox Live on the XBox One has been a terrible experience for me over the past year or two. This is just the latest problem. One buys a game console or set-top box to get AWAY FROM this troubleshooting nonsense.
  8. Old_School_Jimmy Win User

Vudu and Amazon Video having problems since the New Xbox One Update. "Judder" or "Stutter" like effect when videos are playing on these two apps.

9. TopcowRaven Win User

BluRay App Poor performance

this seems to happen on all video apps, stuttering/framedrops etc. This is most noticeable when the video is panning, but happens all the time.
Thema:

1. Video playback stutters then turns green. Audio not affected. Happens across all apps. - Similar Threads - Video playback stutters

2. Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else having issues with YouTube video playback, only on Xbox?: So within the past couple weeks, YouTube has been acting up terribly, but only on my Xbox One. It works perfectly on my PC, laptop, and phone. Essentially, it cuts the screen on half. The top half...
  3. All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion!

in XBoX on Windows
    All video playback, both visual and sound is in slow motion!: My Series X was bought exactly one year ago, and it has just developed a problem. Any and all video playing from any source only plays in slow motion. This Netflix etc, discs DVD and Blu Ray,...
  4. Xbox Series X Edge video playback problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Edge video playback problems: The video players at locals.com and EpochTV have playback issues where the video will play for a few seconds then start pausing and buffering. I've submitted recorded feedback from the Console as...
  5. Xbox stuttering on video playback

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox stuttering on video playback: I’m in ASA and Amazon Prime video is stuttering. The audio is unaffected. submitted by /u/Yoshi_Cookie [link] [comments]
  6. Stuttering Video Playback in Streaming Apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuttering Video Playback in Streaming Apps: Hello everyone, I have an xbox series x with one month of use, everything is fine with the games. But unfortunately with all streaming video apps the playblack is not good, the video doesn't play...
  7. Resetting edge://flags breaks video playback

in XboX Insiders
    Resetting edge://flags breaks video playback: Beta ring. Auto-updates on. While troubleshooting the SBOX insuficient memory issue, I turned on some flags to see if it'd make a difference. Today I decided to just reset the flags to start from...
  8. windows game bar video playback has no sound

in XBoX on Windows
    windows game bar video playback has no sound: I am using the Windows game bar to capture a presentation that I am going through. I am using a Logitech headset,and all settings recognize the Logitech headset on my computer and within the game...
  9. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films: We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This appears to be a common problem with a known...
  10. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films and TV: We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This appears to be a common problem with a known...