Video on Xbox One

Discus and support Video on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the place to be giving my opinions and feedback for the Xbox One but I would just like to point out to anybody at Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lightningturk21, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Video on Xbox One

I'm not sure if this is the place to be giving my opinions and feedback for the Xbox One but I would just like to point out to anybody at Microsoft that may be reading this that the Xbox One should be updated to support playback of video from a USB source.
    This was really easy on the 360 and is nonexistent on the XB1. It's ridiculous to call it an all-in-one console if it won't even play movies from a USB. Update please!!!

:)

lightningturk21, Jan 9, 2014
  2. janitz
    janitz Guest
    Video playback on xbox one

You can try getting service from your ISP, 6% packet loss is pretty bad. The only reason your internet connection is usable in this situation would be the low latency and good top speed it has. The dropped packets can be requested again fast enough to not
    run out the buffer on your PC. No doubt the buffer is smaller on the XBox than your PC which would be why video on the PC works but the same video on the XBox doesn't.

My Internet at home is garbage right now, it's wireless and with the deep cold we're experiencing the equipment on my roof seems to fail, so I'm at 6-10% packet loss, but only have 2Mbps download speed and latency when good of 200ms. Netflix is unusable,
    heck, when I got my XB1 I brought it with me to work in order to download updates as it would have taken an infinite amount of time to get Forza's download done as there would be no way 6GB could be downloaded on that connection before it lost too many packets
    to continue.

janitz, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Video playback on xbox one

First, off thank you Janitz for your help.

I came back with with results of 6 percent which based on your remarks is not good.

How can I get this to improve? is it a matter of upgrading my connection or do you think it has to do with the area I live in? I live in the city so I doubt that would be the problem

OompaLoompa-6C9EEC90-E80C-4CCE-9136-45F058CB76C5, Jan 9, 2014
  4. Karma403
    Karma403 Guest

Video on Xbox One

This has been discussed to death lol, i'm sure one of the main reasons it currently doesnt have USB video support is the try to diminish the rampant privacy of movies and music, etc.....

Its coming in a update at some point in time no one knows when

Karma403, Jan 9, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Video on Xbox One