Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

Discus and support Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X. I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz. From what I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FisherFisher2, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour)

Hey! I was doing some testing with some friends & we were testing video settings on the Series X.

I'm using a Zowie XL2411K @ 120hz.

From what I've been told, changing the RGB mode to "PC RGB" causes input lag. Can anyone help confirm if this is true? Can't tell if it's placebo effect.

:)

FisherFisher2, Mar 27, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

it does not cause input lag

[​IMG]
  3. AndrewBocanegra Win User

Changing HDMI color space from RGB to YCbCr206 causes input lag, please help

As the above user said, you may be able to reset your video options on your monitor in video controls. The only other way to fix this input lag would be to switch back to RGB (as this is the most easily accessible by most screens). The conversion of your
    TCbCr206 to RGB is most definitely causing the lag, so you will have to either calibrate the lag on your monitor or switch back to RGB.

-

Sorry jameslieb1, but currently this looks like the only way. You may also wish to try contacting your monitor's manufacturer, as they may have a solution.
  4. Cottonjaws Win User

How do I maximize my frames per second?

If the question is what settings on your TV suit best. Look for game mode. Set to game mode and you will deal with the input lag. Some tvs the input lag is crazy. Not sure if this is what you are asking?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

New TV

Lag on a modern-day LCD TV is typically due to video processing done by the TV itself. TVs that advertise refresh rates of 120hz, 240hz, or 480hz? Yeah, they're doing a whole ton of processing on video to make it "smoother". That processing takes time, causing
    a delay between when a frame enters a TV's inputs and when it finally shows up on the screen.

Most TVs have a Game mode which will disable all video processing. Make sure whatever input your 360 is set to has Game mode enabled. Also make sure no video processing effects are enabled.
  6. Seppomo Win User

Dolby Vision gaming Xbox series X

It's not an issue that requires resolving. It's just a simple reminder that Dolby Vision increases input lag. If it feels like the input lag is unbearable, just disable Dolby Vision for Gaming in the video modes menu.
Thema:

1. Video Modes / RGB Settings causing input lag? (Rumour) - Similar Threads - Video Modes RGB

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Problem with video modes

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with video modes: [img] [img] [img] [img] I have a Philips 50PUS7956/60 TV, which I have been using for a year and a half. It supports 10bit, HDR10, Dolby Vision, basically everything except 120Hz. Recently I...
  4. Video Modes and One Guide questions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Modes and One Guide questions: Hi this is gonna be a two part question so if you can please answer both it would be great. I have Original xbox one. I do not connect anything to HDMI In port, I just use HDMI out to TV for video...
  5. Only happens when I have 4K video mode on, 1080p works just fine any help would be lovely.

in XboX Insiders
    Only happens when I have 4K video mode on, 1080p works just fine any help would be lovely.: [IMG] submitted by /u/cthalo [link] [comments]
  6. Windows 10 Video Capture - Game Mode

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Video Capture - Game Mode: Hello, I was using the video capture of the game mode to record an online class, but close to 2h when the the class was finishing the screen become black like when it is suspended, and when I...
  7. High contrast mode breaks prime video

in XboX Insiders
    High contrast mode breaks prime video: If you have high contrast active on Xbox and try watching a video on prime. The video will play as a black screen and audio. The ui will still be visible and you can pause play ect... submitted...
  8. Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode: I dont know if this is the correct place to ask but starting two days ago every time I turn on my launch Xbox, it seems to play sounds and video in "turbo". For games, some dont have sound effects...
  9. Microsoft Edge Cruiser won't disappear in video mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Cruiser won't disappear in video mode: April 28th 2018. I just updated my Microsoft Edge app for my Xbox One, I'm trying to watch videos on Dailymotion, for some reason or another every time I play the video and turn off my...
  10. Play To video pausing when Surface or desktop PC enters standby mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play To video pausing when Surface or desktop PC enters standby mode?: Not sure if this is the best place for this question, so my apologies in advance if this should be somewhere else. I have mpg/mpeg videos on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC (upstairs); using my Surface...