Video cuts out at key events

Discus and support Video cuts out at key events in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There was a system update recently and ever since, I've had an issue with my video cutting out! It only happens at key events such as exiting a game or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HysHk yaH, Feb 21, 2014.

1. HysHk yaH
    HysHk yaH Guest

There was a system update recently and ever since, I've had an issue with my video cutting out! It only happens at key events such as exiting a game or opening a new app. The sound is still there and the console still functions (you can still hear the transition
    noises as you scroll though menus, or you can turn off the console using the controller if you know the sequence of keys to press). The only way to get the video back is to unplug the power to the console and plug it back in. Shutting off the console and turning
    it back on will not fix it.

I have tried changing HDMI inputs on my TV, swapping out for a different HDMI cord, and trying the console on a different TV. It is not an issue with my hardware. I stress that this has only started happening after the most recent system update and only
    during a key event. It has not happened in the middle of playing a game or watching TV etc.

A different issue (also started after the most recent system update) I can no longer turn off my console with voice recognition. The Xbox understands all commands except when it asks me if I'm sure I want to turn off the console and I say "yes".

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

:)

HysHk yaH, Feb 21, 2014
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Xbox One Video Cuts Out

HI Shaun3456,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox Display. First as this is an older thread the OP likely has already found his issue, so if this doesn't work please create a new thread detailing your exact issue and troubleshooting steps. If you have a similar
    setup, I'm assuming you're going through a splitter. First, bypass that all together and plug directly into the TV. If it works, then great, you know the issue is the splitter.

If it doesn't work after ruling out a splitter, try a new HDMI cable. If that doesn't work try a different port on your TV. Also with power, it's always best to plug the Xbox power supply directly into the wall. If you're using a UPS or power strip, please
    bypass that and just use the power outlet.

Hope this helps. if not, like I said create a new thread so we can get a support experience tailored to you Video cuts out at key events :)

Hordie, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Seth Nielson
    Seth Nielson Guest
    Xbox One Video Cuts Out

I should have written back when I got a "solution," or at least what passes for one. In my case, it turned out that the Xbox was not the problem. My Denon apparently gets some kind of "stutter." I can, at any point, plug the xbox directly into the TV and
    have no problems.

I called Denon tech support and they suggested a power-down cycle. I thought this was weird, because I had already done a hard reset. But to my shock, unplugging the system for 2 minutes fixed the video issues I described. From reading other people's posts,
    this won't be the solution to everyone's problem but it was the solution to mine.

Seth Nielson, Feb 21, 2014
  4. TheBigBobby
    TheBigBobby Guest

For this issue,

[quote user="HysHk yaH"]

A different issue (also started after the most recent system update) I can no longer turn off my console with voice recognition. The Xbox understands all commands except when it asks me if I'm sure I want to turn off the console and I say "yes".

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

try this.

1. Settings -> Power and Startup

2. Change 'Power mode' to 'Energy Saving'

3. Turn off xbox

4. Leave off for a little while (20sec's)

5. Go back into Settings -> Power and Startup

6. Turn 'Power mode' back to 'Instant-on'

7. Try the "Xbox turn off" voice command again.

TheBigBobby, Feb 21, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: