VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

Discus and support VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gaurav Giri, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Gaurav Giri
    Gaurav Giri Guest

VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do.

:)

Gaurav Giri, Jan 27, 2024
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

D-Sub Fora de escala 67.4kHz / 60Hz [Translation-D-Sub Out of range 67.4kHz / 60Hz] (R E S O L V I D O)

Hi HebertonJulio,

Seeing that the Xbox 360 works on a TV using the HDMI cable, then the issue is most likely the VGA/HDMI adapter or even the monitor. It's safe to assume that the Xbox 360 and the HDMI cable are fine.

The only way to figure out if the issue is with the monitor or adapter is to try the setup on a different monitor similar to yours or try a different adapter on your monitor.

If you have a standalone VGA cable, connect that directly to the monitor, and locate a VGA to HDMI adapter to plug the VGA cable into the adapter and then plug the HDMI side into the console. That would be the only other way to connect your Xbox 360 to a
    monitor.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

It's not going to work. The Xbox a clean sync signal and a VGA only monitor is ancient. 20+ years.

You need to go buy a TV, or use the one you have.
  4. Gaurav Giri Win User

Ok i will try thank you very much
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi Firstly, confirm if your cable is actually HDMI to VGA. If it's the other way around (VGA to HDMI) it won't work. These cables are not bi-directional, you need the correct adaptor. Even then, it might not even work.

Secondly, confirm what the max resolution of your VGA monitor is. Monitors with VGA ports are quite old, and it's very likely that your old monitor's maximum resolution is only standard HD (1280x720). While this should still work for a Series S, the Series S is a 1080P console. Using an old 720P monitor with it will degrade the experience somewhat.

Finally, If you've used your Series S on TV at 4K or even 1080P, and your monitor does not support these resolutions, you would need to reset the Xbox display settings.
  6. Gaurav Giri Win User

Yh but i bought an adapter to connect the xbox to vga
Thema:

1. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter - Similar Threads - VGA monitor says

2. Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...: i just want to know if i can have my cousins monitor transfer whats going on on his screen to mine using a doouble sided vga cable a77495bc-7272-4995-90d1-fbd54e9775ff
  3. Xbox to pc monitor using VGA cable

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to pc monitor using VGA cable: Hi all. Can I connect my Xbox one to a pc monitor? The monitor has a VGA cable. Do the adaptors work? submitted by /u/stevec92 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox One S to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S to VGA monitor: hey there. I have a VGA monitor I want to use with my xbox one s, and my monitor does not have an HDMI input. I had an old PS4 have issues with the HDMI to VGA adapter. It would just flash when...
  5. Can I connect my Xbox to a vga monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox to a vga monitor: So im trying to connext my monitor to xbox and i would like to know if this adapter will work i slreyd bougnt jts on its way can somebody conifirm it for me please...
  6. Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition: Monitor TypeLCDScreen Size18.5Flat ScreenYesDot Pitch0.300Response Time5Dynamic Contrast Ratio50000:1 I have an Acer G195HQL. I was wondering if I could use this VGA...
  7. Xbox to VGA monitor problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox to VGA monitor problems: I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i didnt really play. Now i have tried to hook it...
  8. Xbox One to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One to VGA monitor: Hey guys! I'm wanting to buy an Xbox One, but at the moment, I only have an HP x20LED monitor that I used for my 360. My concern is the HDMI to VGA conversion. Will the monitor be able to support...
  9. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.: I have an XBox 360 Slim model that I now need to move off my HDTV onto a PC Monitor. I purchased a 3rd party cable set that allows me to connect my PC monitor via VGA using these cables. However,...
  10. VGA Monitor + Sound Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA Monitor + Sound Cable: I am going to be getting an XBox One and do not own a television. I have a VGA monitor, non-HDMI, without internal speakers. What cable do I need to play the Xbox using the monitor? I know it's...