: Very inconsistent ping/download speed

Discus and support : Very inconsistent ping/download speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Very inconsistent ping/download speed My ping on my xbox is very, very inconsistent. On almost everyday it is very high, around 400 or so with bad... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DieteticAura, Aug 12, 2020.

1. DieteticAura
    DieteticAura Guest

My ping on my xbox is very, very inconsistent. On almost everyday it is very high, around 400 or so with bad download speeds. On very rare occasions it is low, about 20 ping and above average download speed. I have identified that it is not my router, my
    DNS or anything like that. When I got back from holiday a few days ago, I had good ping. Fast forward to now, I’m playing and the WiFi on my Xbox only cuts out for about 8 seconds. After this, my ping is back to being bad. Does anyone know the reason for this?
    I have had this problem for just under a year now.

(Ive tried all the troubleshooting instructions like power cycling my xbox)

:)

DieteticAura, Aug 12, 2020
  2. VibroPlex Win User

Can't connect to XBL

The error codes would be very useful, even if they seem bogus.

So would a ping test result - please run a speed test at speedtest.net and advise the download speed, upload speed, and ping time.
  3. The1337gamer Win User

yet another un-explained glitch

[quote user="TopFire"]

I've always wondered this. Is having a Ping of 14 a Download of 15.12 and an Upload of 6.34 considere bad, average, or good?

[/quote]

That's very good. The lower your ping, the better. Ping is more important for gaming than your download/upload speed. You don't download/upload large files when gaming online so download/upload speeds are rarely an issue for most people. High ping (or network
    latency) will cause lagg in matches.
  4. PaperyBridge205 Win User

Connection issues/ Lag

It could be possible somebody is (DDOSING You (Hacking you) try changing internet providers.

It is VERY VERY possible that you have very low download speed I think you have to be above 7 download speed :) for very little lag because my download speed is 15.80 mbps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is my download speed

Download Speed : 15.80 MBPS

Ping : 17MS

Upload Speed 0.50 MBPS

I don't know why your lagging this is the solution that I think try using wired. :) Hope this helps.
  5. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Does internet speed affect how you play?

[quote user="Hellhog"]

Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.

[/quote]

Download and upload speeds are the most important. If you think you are going to have an enjoable esperience online with 1.6 download and .40 upload (my guess is he is around 0.40 upload) then you are very very wrong. lol Yes ping is
    fairly imporant but nowhere near as important as the download and upload speed. 1.6 download is not good AT ALL.
  6. Ch1ps Win User

Xbox One X Upload Speeds

The Xbox has always been very iffy when it comes to Download and Upload speeds... I pay for gigabit internet and the Xbox never gets anywhere NEAR those speeds hardwired... I get MAYBE 300Mbps max during downloads and when I test my speed the upload is maybe
    half what it should be.

I don't know if maybe I need to upgrade my cables or what, but yeah... speeds are very inconsistent.
Thema:

1. : Very inconsistent ping/download speed - Similar Threads - Very inconsistent ping

2. My speakers are very quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My speakers are very quiet: I recently bought a pair of surf onn speakers and they are very quiet. I have them plugged into my controller because my monitor has not audio output i have look throughout the settings and cant...
  3. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  4. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  5. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  6. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  7. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  8. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  9. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  10. Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?: So I sent my Xbox in for a crashing issue for Microsoft to repair it since its still under warranty but unfortunately it was damaged slightly in shipping so they sent it back. I fixed the main...