Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!

Discus and support Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the Xbox One X, 1440p@120hz HDR was not possible. It forced a 2160p@60hz HDR signal to the monitor. Unfortunately, this has not been fixed for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JinnjaSama, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!

For the Xbox One X, 1440p@120hz HDR was not possible. It forced a 2160p@60hz HDR signal to the monitor.

Unfortunately, this has not been fixed for Series X. Only 2160p@60hz HDR is possible.

Please fix this so that 1440p@120hz HDR can be used!

submitted by /u/JinnjaSama
    [link] [comments]

/u/JinnjaSama, Nov 11, 2020
  2. JasonHalliburton Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

I have a Samsung CHG70, it supports 1440P 120hz. If you want HDR you have to set it for freesync on the monitor and turn VRR on the xbox. Im hoping the series x supports 1440P 120hz with HDR on and not having to turn freesync on at all because its only
    limited to 80fps i believe.
  3. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  4. robertmccall2 Win User

4K/1440p HDR

Microsoft locked hdr to 4k so if ur monitor dont accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box in settings must be selected for hdr) it doesnt work on 1080p 1440p displays usually only if they accept 4k signals. Because microsoft locked it since xbox one s and
    one x. It is hard to understand why they not allow it now because they have xbox series s 1440p 120hz hdr console right?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
  6. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
Thema:

Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!

1. Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work! - Similar Threads - Very Happy Series

2. My speakers are very quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My speakers are very quiet: I recently bought a pair of surf onn speakers and they are very quiet. I have them plugged into my controller because my monitor has not audio output i have look throughout the settings and cant...
  3. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  4. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  5. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  6. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  7. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  8. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  9. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  10. Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft not be able to service my Xbox if there's very minor psychical damage on it?: So I sent my Xbox in for a crashing issue for Microsoft to repair it since its still under warranty but unfortunately it was damaged slightly in shipping so they sent it back. I fixed the main...