Very frustrated!

Discus and support Very frustrated! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can't sign up for Xbox live on my 360. I ha e a Microsoft account, but cannot use that email to sign up on the 360. What do I do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ComicMussel6754, May 30, 2018.

1. Very frustrated!

I can't sign up for Xbox live on my 360. I ha e a Microsoft account, but cannot use that email to sign up on the 360. What do I do?

:)

ComicMussel6754, May 30, 2018
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Very frustrated.....

[quote user="iFaDE0uTzz x"]The account I use was made for me as a Christmas present years ago, He spelled my yahoo account wrong so i cannot access the main account associated to my gamertag.[/quote]

Please understand that if you use a third party e-mail provider like Yahoo, Microsoft will create a Microsoft Account with a username that resembles this Yahoo email, but is in no way connected to the Yahoo mail (with the sole exception, that they try to
    send stuff to the wrong email).

If you know the Password to the account, you can try to sign in at
    https://commerce.microsoft.com
    with the incorrectly written Yahoo Email and the CORRECT password for that account, and change your old stolen card to the new card, so Microsoft can withdraw the money and you should be unsuspended.

[quote user="iFaDE0uTzz x"]last year xbox support over the phone had me create a live account to associate it with my gamertag... I can access that one just fine.[/quote]

Wait a minute: To which account is your Gamertag now attached? A Gamertag can ONLY be attached to ONE Microsoft Account. Is your Gamertag now attached to the incorrectly written Yahoo-Microsoft Account, or the account Support made?

If you go on the console and sign in with your Gamertag, go to the far right to the settings hub. There go to the Account tile in the lower left. There go to "Your Information" and "Security Info". What Microsoft Account is shown there? The Yahoo, or the
    Live Account?

Maybe the reason why support hangs up on you is that you don't really know which account is which. And this might trigger alarm bells on the support worker, as this is usually a sign of account thieves that try to hijack other peoples account by

social engineering
    support personnel.

So please understand, that in order to keep YOUR account secure, they can't transfer an account or unlock it, if you can't provide enough proof that you are the owner of the account.

Since there has been an identity theft (your bank card was stolen, with your name and account number on it), support personnel has to make sure you are calling them, and not your bank card thief that is now using the information from your bank card to impersonate
    you, trying to also steal your Xbox account.

So please cut the support personnel some slack, and try calling them again. Make sure to stay calm, and do not try to push the support worker, as account thieves try to put support workers under extreme stress, hoping they make a mistake and provide the
    thief with private information or access to your account.

If you stay calm, and manage to convince the support worker that you are the owner (which is pretty difficult, since your Yahoo Account is incorrect, and your story about the account being created as a Christmas present could also be a "pretext"
    story to social engineer the support worker into helping you steal the account from someone else), support will help you.

But you also have to consider, that you have all warning flags attached to your account: A stolen bank card, a wrong account email (an account thief usually does not have access to the proper email as well), and confirmation codes can't reach you.

So be patient, and REALLY make sure the support worker can trust you to be the real owner of the account.

Arminator, May 30, 2018
  3. Podgyyo
    Podgyyo Guest
    Very Frustrated.

I've had to make a new Xbox Live account because my previous one has been permanently banned, thus losing all my content.

Now I had my Xbox One pre-ordered and paid full before the release date, so which obviously means, I did receive a Day One Edition.

As so with some of the games I purchased along with the Xbox One at launch.

Now considering my original account has been banned, HOW the hell do I get my Day One Content and Achievements onto my new account.

I really don't see how in any way this is fair. I've gone and pre-ordered and purchased the Xbox One and Launch Day games, specifically for the Day One Exclusive content and Achievements, and now my account has been perm banned, meaning I cannot redeem what
    is legitimately mine on my new account, on my DAY ONE Edition of the Xbox One, nor receive any of my Exclusive Content from my games.

EVEN BETTER.

I can't even seem to purchase any Game Add-Ons for any games I have because my BANNED account has purchased/or used a code to receive the content already, and when I try to purchase anything it simply just says INSTALL, so I go ahead and Install, and wow;
    nothing has changed. No new content or anything? I've tried to restore my Xbox One, but still nothing.

What the hell am I supposed to do, it's really starting to get on my nerves.

I've tried for the last 2 weeks to contact Support but no body can answer me, and half of the Support Team can't even find the time to reply? But I get kicked from a Chat Session if I don't reply in an allocated time frame.

Another incident is when I purchased Day One Edition of Dead Rising, the code I received in my Game had been apparently USED? How the *** is that possible when the game was sealed, unopened and BRAND NEW? All I got back from you guys was literally nothing,
    I was told that I would be looked after. But that was a joke.

I mean seriously, I don't even know what to say.

Podgyyo, May 30, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Very frustrated!