Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

Discus and support Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crystanova, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Crystanova
    Crystanova Guest

I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments. How can I lower my ping?

:)

Crystanova, Dec 2, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Most games operate peer to peer so your connection is dependent on your connection to them

If you're are using the dashboard test you are pinging an xbox data center. You can ignore it.

Regardless of the speed of internet you pay for, those you play with have to have good connections as well
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox networking windows 10 high latency and multiple different errors.

same issue here, sea of thieves ping as high as 700, ships flying too. given up
  4. xl HoDawg lx Win User

Have huge latency issues and low download and upload speed

I ran a speed test with one laptop on wifi

Download 65.47 Mbps

Upload 4.27 Mbps

Ping 17 ms

Xbox One hardwired solo

Download 66.27 Mbps

Upload 4.47 Mbps

Ping 73 ms

When all devices are running together my Xbox takes the biggest hit

Download 5.05 Mbps

Upload .05

Latency 2000+
  5. NickD54 Win User

Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

No lag with Ethernet or high ping , I only get high ping on WiFi it’s bad on 2.4gh and only slightly better on 5gh. On PlayStation and other devices I have no issues whatsoever
  6. SGT SADLER Win User

Connected nat open.

I think the One is glitched a bit as mine changes moderate to open and its not our routers or connection as i done tests and they fine i have 76 mbps download speed and 2.5 mbps upload but i got a high latency of 200 ms which doesnt make sence as all other
    items on network have very low pings like 8 - 45 and my xbox only 15 feet from router why is there such a high latency ?
Thema:

1. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games. - Similar Threads - Very fast wifi

2. My speakers are very quiet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My speakers are very quiet: I recently bought a pair of surf onn speakers and they are very quiet. I have them plugged into my controller because my monitor has not audio output i have look throughout the settings and cant...
  3. Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny: Microsoft ultimate word games answer to 6/3/2024 very funny 07ce3447-e72a-45b0-81a6-ef390f0e0922
  4. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  5. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  6. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  7. If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because...: If I put the left stick up in the left corner then it won’t click. This is very bad because I play siege and I need it to aim. Do I send it back for it to be fixed or is there a way I can fix it...
  8. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  9. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  10. For some reason my character runs very fast every time I play a map from minecraft pe maps app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason my character runs very fast every time I play a map from minecraft pe maps app: *removed for privacy*@gmail.com Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For home / Android 27c6759d-5ca4-4d5e-94e8-bd55336b30a1