Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi

Discus and support Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Verizon (ISPs): Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi Hello Matt! If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by mattd22, Sep 2, 2018.

1. mattd22
    mattd22 Guest

Verizon (ISPs): Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi
    Hello Matt!

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Campus's IT department. They may have ways to allow access to consoles but you would have to bring it to their attention first.

:)

mattd22, Sep 2, 2018
  2. Tiger4Tom4
    Tiger4Tom4 Guest
    Error connecting to new wifi

I moved into college and tried to connect to my schools wifi, my Xbox said my security protocol won't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tiger4Tom4, Sep 2, 2018
  3. How do you change your router on xbox 1

how do you change ur security protocol...i cant connect to my dorms wifi

squirrelman7777, Sep 2, 2018
  4. SLB4EVERPT
    SLB4EVERPT Guest

SLB4EVERPT, Sep 2, 2018
  5. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Many college campuses, hotels, etc. often use WPA2 Enterprise encryption or have an open network with a website that you're required to log into in order to use their internet. If that is what your college is using, you would not be able to connect your Xbox
    to it.

Tormaz, Sep 18, 2018
  6. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Echo4Ent, Sep 18, 2018
  7. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hello Matt!

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Campus's IT department. They may have ways to allow access to consoles but you would have to bring it to their attention first.

XBF Chris J, Nov 5, 2018
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Matt!

9. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi

10. Tormaz Win User

Hello!

Many college campuses, hotels, etc. often use WPA2 Enterprise encryption or have an open network with a website that you're required to log into in order to use their internet. If that is what your college is using, you would not be able to connect your Xbox
    to it.
  11. SLB4EVERPT Win User

You can try by going here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-connection-error-solution and see if find your issue and follow the steps
  12. indcA saj Win User

Xbox Not connecting to Live.

okay so i just got back from vegas and i had got a new xbox one s digtal when i got to cali i tried to set up my xbox and there was a wifi problem i cant see a list of networks it just says add wireless network i did that and i typed my ssid and it says
    your security protocol wont work so then i reset my xbox and when it says updating but then it says you need wifi for this and i try to connect to the wifi but it still says your security protocol wont work
Thema:

1. Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Verizon says security

2. I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to...: I paid for a Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription through Verizon's+play and according to Verizon my Xbox ultimate game pass Subscription is active and paid for. But Xbox is saying that it never...
  3. Unauthorized Store purchases via Verizon

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unauthorized Store purchases via Verizon: I have had 3 fradulent charges to my Verizon wireless bill and was told by Verizon to reach out to Microsoft to take care of these fradulent charges. I don't have any of the 3 purchases on my...
  4. Verizon payment method

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon payment method: Hello I am trying to buy 2800 vbucks from Fortnite with the Verizon option for payment whenever I buy something it keeps on declining my purchases but like 2 weeks ago I used the same payment...
  5. How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios: When I turn on my game and try to play DMZ it won’t connect due to high packet loss 100% 7333ada5-bce4-4337-b6aa-bf24d19461e6
  6. How do i talk to someone? Verizon said we purchased the same game 3 times on the same sate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i talk to someone? Verizon said we purchased the same game 3 times on the same sate...: Verizon says to contact Microsoft about these charges. There is no order number or history of a purchase. No one is ever available to talk fc1d8d57-18aa-486b-9280-9bb7f1059e14
  7. Xbox Series S Verizon LTE Home Internet High Ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Verizon LTE Home Internet High Ping: I have recently switched to this internet service a week ago, and ever since I am having horrible ping while trying to play online games. Ping goes all the way up to 800ms but typically around...
  8. Xbox SX will not connect to my Verizon LTE home internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox SX will not connect to my Verizon LTE home internet: I just got my new Verizon LTE home internet which is a white cube for home internet. My issue is when I try to connect wireless from my Series X it refuses to connect. I select the ssid & enter...
  9. Verizon 5G and XSX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Verizon 5G and XSX: Does anyone else have the new Verizon 5G router? Mine is hooked directly to my Xbox Series X via ethernet, and my NAT type keeps testing strict regardless of all the troubleshooting I do. I tried...
  10. Verizon: Please listen to what I gotta say

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: Please listen to what I gotta say: Verizon (Hotspots): Please listen to what I gotta say Sorry but the enforcement team does not monitor these forums. To have your ban reviewed by the enforcement team you will need file a case...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing your router security protocol wont work

2. fios xbox your security protocol wont work