VAT on Repairs

Discus and support VAT on Repairs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed that the repair service says £64 (UK), but at no time tells you that you have to pay 20% VAT? I went through and paid my £64... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Subwind, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Subwind
    Subwind Guest

VAT on Repairs

Has anyone else noticed that the repair service says £64 (UK), but at no time tells you that you have to pay 20% VAT?

I went through and paid my £64 on credit card, then printed the receipt and saw £76.80.

I have looked in to this and this is illegal.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Misleading prices

The trader may have committed a criminal offence if they give false or misleading information about a price for goods or services or if they don’t display a price where that is key for making a decision to buy. For example:

a sign that advertises reduced items with the words ‘Offer ends today’ but the offer is still on the next day

a restaurant menu that describes dishes on offer but does not include their prices.

If you have a query about a price you’ve been given and you think you may have been misled, complain to the trader and report them to trading standards.

:)

Subwind, Jan 27, 2014
  2. mip0000
    mip0000 Guest
    Are We As Britains Being Toatally Ripped Off Compared To The States?

vat. britains have a lot of vat compare to other countries and it on a all time high

mip0000, Jan 27, 2014
  3. Xbox one pricing

The USA price don't hae VAT as each state has a different VAT %

take 20% of the UK price for VAT and there is only about £16 difference

Private Maximo, Jan 27, 2014
  4. VAT on Repairs

While I agree that it should say £76 inc VAT. It actually states thus on the repair FAQ for the United Kingdom:

How much does an out-of-warranty repair cost?
    The cost of an out-of-warranty console repair varies:

Source:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/repair/warranty-faq#0adc959ff2a24665820dc8532a916712

While we are now accustomed to prices being stated with the VAT included in the UK, I can't see any breach of UK law in the description above.

Obsessive Power, Jan 28, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

VAT on Repairs