Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions

Discus and support Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an Xbox from UK and currently I'm using it in a different country/region. So should I have to get a gift card from UK or should I get one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RajeshNeupane11, May 21, 2020.

1. Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions

Hi, I bought an Xbox from UK and currently I'm using it in a different country/region. So should I have to get a gift card from UK or should I get one here ?

:)

RajeshNeupane11, May 21, 2020
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Gift Card for Xbox, movies and Microsoft

What does it say when you try to redeem it? Are you in the same region as the gift card you purchased...ie as it's a US $ card, are you in the United States? As gift cards in a different currency cannot be redeemed in a different region....I have a UK account and can't redeem US $ cards
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Rajesh,

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread as to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. RajeshNeupane11 Win User

So it means that only the Microsoft account region is taken to be considered or should we concern also with the consoles region/Xbox live region ?
  5. Lil Mabena Win User

Unfortunately, your friend would need to send you the gift outside of the Xbox gifting feature. Gifts are region locked and you would not be able to redeem the passcode.
  6. killer122451 Win User

just like my partner "A Patch of Blue"
    said "Microsoft product codes are only valid in the region of your Microsoft account. So buy codes for the region in which your account was created. It doesn't matter where the Xbox was made or purchased, or where it connects to. Internet."

but to make it clearer

If you bought the console in the United Kingdom and let's say for example it is now in Mexico, you can buy the card in Mexico and redeem it, but for that you need to change the region of your account otherwise the code will not be exchanged and it will show
    an error, and here like my partner I leave you the link where you can do this

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region
Thema:

1. Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions - Similar Threads - Using Gift Cards

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  4. I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif...: I had a gift card yesterday but i used it and had 0.51 on it and today i bought a £5 gif card but when i go to pay it onky says i have 0.51 how can i fix this 021c67f3-a7d5-4eca-ab41-70235782c6ec
  5. Can't use my Xbox gift card...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use my Xbox gift card...: I redeemed a gift card following the instructions in the card. It showed me that it was redeemed and when I look up something to buy in microsoft store it does not let me use my gift card which I...
  6. how do you use the x-box gift card to get v-bucks on x-box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do you use the x-box gift card to get v-bucks on x-box: how do you use the x-box gift card to get v-bucks on x-box 79595531-7fd1-48eb-8fdd-85a5eb1a28e3
  7. I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my...: I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my Xbox and I don’t know what account it is and idk what to do *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and...
  8. Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?: I have money left from gift code after buying game was wanting to see if i could buy the xbox live Gold for $50. Using split payment of remaining balance of gift code and debit card?...
  9. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  10. I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my...: I have a vbuck gift card for $20 and I can’t use it bc I have another account linked to my Xbox and I don’t know what account it is and idk what to do 7c32107d-dfb9-4707-b0a3-d0bfc625b69b