Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.

Discus and support Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox Series X controller's feature that enables you to switch between two different Bluetooth devices has changed in the last controller firmware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by King_Cronecker, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.

The Xbox Series X controller's feature that enables you to switch between two different Bluetooth devices has changed in the last controller firmware update. It used to be that if you had a PC paired to the controller as a second device you just had to press the sync button for a moment to turn on the controller and automatically connect to the PC. In the latest update, they appear to have changed how this feature works.

Now when you press the sync button the controller turns on, however, although it says it's connected to the PC via Bluetooth, the Nexus button just flashes indefinitely. I have to press the sync button again to connect it to the PC. This doesn't always work. Many times it will just turn on the Xbox. It seems now the official way to connect your second device to your Xbox is to use the Nexus button and double-tap the sync button when you want to change between devices.

This is the worst update I've ever seen in a product in my life. It was such a clean and easy way to use the controller between two devices. One button for the Xbox. One button for the PC. I often switch between my PC and Xbox. I'm not the only one who uses it in my house. Now I never know which device I'm going to turn on. I updated my other Xbox controller. The same thing happens. I was crushed with disappointment to discover this wasn't just some corrupted update. I cannot revert the update, unfortunately either.

What is the official line from Microsoft on how to switch between devices? I cannot find anything that instructs you how to do this. It's the most infuriating circumstance as it's so bad now and used to be so good. I'm still convinced I'm doing something wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

King_Cronecker, Jan 3, 2024
  2. King_Cronecker Win User

I'm having no Bluetooth issues. Please send my feedback to the relevant people. This is an awful update.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello King_Cronecker,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with switching between devices using your Xbox Series X controller. The official way to switch between devices is to use the Nexus button and double-tap the sync button when you want to change between devices. This is the new method introduced in the latest firmware update.

If you're having trouble connecting to your PC, please make sure that your PC's Bluetooth is turned on and that it's within range of the controller. You can also try removing the controller from your PC's Bluetooth devices list and re-pairing it.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello King_Cronecker,

Thank you so much for your reply! It would be the best to contact our dedicated Xbox Live support so that they can double check your account and devices for the possible issue since they have a better view than us here on community.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. MateusFontana Win User

An update to Xbox Controller (has the 3.5mm port) on Xbox One via Xbox Accessories has effected it's bluetooth capabilities on PC

Please try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

1. Connect controller via USB

2. Go to win+X -> device manager and disable (not delete) Xbox one controller here

3. After that repair controller via Bluetooth

Solution 2:

1) Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices

Find Xbox Wireless Controller and Remove Device.

2) Windows Search > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices

Find "Human Interface Devices" and uninstall the HID-compliant game controller.

*Important to "Show hidden" or you won't find it as the device is disconnected*

3) Go through the normal pairing process. *Turn on Bluetooth*

Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices > "Add Bluetooth or other device" > Bluetooth. Don't use "Everything else" even though it says Xbox controllers.

4) Turn on your Xbox controller and press the sync button. You should now be able to pair AND connect to your computer.

*These solutions can be found in the thread below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  6. Francia J. Win User

So how do you switch your elite controller back and forth from different devices to windows 10?

Hi ViperMagma, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The Xbox Wireless Controller that comes with Xbox Series X|S includes a feature that allows for quickly switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console. If the controller is connected to a Bluetooth device, double-press the Pair button, and the controller will immediately switch its connection to the last Xbox console it was paired to. Then, to switch back to the paired Bluetooth device, press and hold the Pair button to start pairing mode. The controller will automatically connect to the Bluetooth device you were just using while it also searches for new devices – just in case you want to connect a different Bluetooth device or Xbox. If it doesn’t find a new device nearby in pairing mode, it will remain connected to the previous Bluetooth device.

As of the moment, the said feature is not yet available on Xbox Elite Series 2. But what I always do is make sure that when you turn on your devices such as PC or Laptop, the Bluetooth is turned off then turn the controller on first before turning on the Bluetooth for it to automatically reconnect.
Thema:

1. Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices. - Similar Threads - Using controller different

2. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  3. Did they remove use TV remote to control the Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Did they remove use TV remote to control the Xbox?: I am in the Delta ring. And I can't seem to find they option to control your Xbox with the TV remote. submitted by /u/Bossdad4life442 [link] [comments]
  4. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  5. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  6. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  7. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  8. Are pdp controllers safe to use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers safe to use?: Are pdp controllers safe to use? 19baa6c5-af32-4d6c-8f8e-8c42a61e02c9
  9. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  10. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107