Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

Discus and support Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ivanovicc, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Ivanovicc
    Ivanovicc Guest

Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support station with cooling fan

:)

Ivanovicc, Apr 15, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Ivanovicc, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, according to the following article on the Xbox Support website, Xbox 360 consoles can be positioned both vertically and horizontally without any issues, and there's no risk of damaging your disc games or hard drive:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/position-ventilate-console

[​IMG]

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

XBOX X on vertical stand

That was certainly true of the original Xbox One. Thought they were using disk drives in the S and X that work vertically. Hence why they make branded stands, wouldn't do that if it damaged disks etc.
  4. CosmeticPuma793 Win User

Xbox One vertical

Hi !!

I wanted to know if there was any news concerning the use of a vertical Xbox One for those of us who don't use disks. Might There be a problem with the hard drive too ?? Might this cause overheating ??

Thanks for the help. :)
  5. Sith outta Luck Win User

Hi I wanted to talk about the best position for my xbox one.

Hello, the xbox one can be put vertical but has the risk of being knocked over and damaging a disk if its running.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

Hello Rocker,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with a disk. We recommend to get a new disk. As it is the only disk causing issues it is somehow damaged or something. One way a disk can be damaged and is very hard to see, is the
    disk being warped. As another test you could try the disk in another console.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk? - Similar Threads - Using 360 vertically

2. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  3. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  4. Can a xbox 360 be used to play team deathmatch online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a xbox 360 be used to play team deathmatch online?: I have an old 360 that still works and haven't played online in years. I was wondering if there are still team deathmatch games available online to play. de296b58-4956-4808-849f-29b41d540441
  5. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  6. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  7. how to use mono on xbox 360 E

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to use mono on xbox 360 E: hello so i use BROKEN speakers(best option for now) with one audio channel missing so how do i get mono on the xbox 360 e(audio jack) i have tried the Obvious way aka going into audio settings...
  8. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  9. How to create an Xbox 360 account using an Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    How to create an Xbox 360 account using an Xbox series X: Hello. I recently purchased Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox series X. However, when I try to play, It prompts me to download a profile. I don’t have an Xbox 360 account, nor an Xbox 360. What can I...
  10. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...