Using webcam on Twitch app, how to use the webcam's microphone?

Discus and support Using webcam on Twitch app, how to use the webcam's microphone? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The microphone bar on Twitch's broadcasting page stays grayed out until I plug a headset into my controller, but I want to use my webcam's microphone;... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gameboy8877, Oct 15, 2020.

1. gameboy8877
    gameboy8877 Guest

The microphone bar on Twitch's broadcasting page stays grayed out until I plug a headset into my controller, but I want to use my webcam's microphone; how can I do this??

:)

gameboy8877, Oct 15, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Connection to any streaming application on Xbox

Hi there,

The only streaming services on the Xbox is Mixer and Twitch but the Twitch app is only limited to using the Kinect as a webcam and mic because Twitch hasn't seemed to update the app.

On Mixer you can connect a webcam through USB and the Camera option will be selectable in the "Broadcast & capture" tab in the menu found under Advanced Settings. As far as the Microphone goes, I think it should work and be detected as you say that it works
    for party chats and most streamers use their headset mic's but give it a try in the advanced settings on Mixer and let us know if it works.
  3. DrunkardKiller Win User

Connection to any streaming application on Xbox

Hi there,

The only streaming services on the Xbox is Mixer and Twitch but the Twitch app is only limited to using the Kinect as a webcam and mic because Twitch hasn't seemed to update the app.

On Mixer you can connect a webcam through USB and the Camera option will be selectable in the "Broadcast & capture" tab in the menu found under Advanced Settings. As far as the Microphone goes, I think it should work and be detected as you say that it works
    for party chats and most streamers use their headset mic's but give it a try in the advanced settings on Mixer and let us know if it works.
    Hi XBF, so I definitely need a webcam ?. I can't use my my windows surface pro for this right ?. If I can't then I'll buy one with a mic and let the community know if it works. Thanks for your reply 😊✌
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Web Cam

Guide to using Webcam with Mixer

You can use a Webcam with the Xbox as long as it's compatible, not sure on the specifics of twitch, but I'm sure some other folks out there can answer that..
  5. J0hnsta115 Win User

Need a webcam

Unfortunately, the twitch app for xbox is really not the beet way to stream as it is quite outdated. Best case scenario would be separate pc for streaming/webcam capture, but if you dont have that your options are limited. On mixer, you can use most webcams,
    but the twitch app has great difficulty in recognizing cameras that are not the kinect. As others have mentioned, there may be ways around this, but it can be difficult if doing everything solely through the app.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Using Webcam Mic for Cortana on Xbox

Hello Panka,

We understand that you would like to use your Logitech webcam that carries with it a microphone for us with Cortana.

Within our broadcast with a webcam on Mixer support article, the following information is mentioned:

For the best experience, we recommend these webcams:

• Microsoft LifeCam Studio
    • Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
    • Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
    • Logitech C930e Webcam

These would be considered our most compatible webcams, and as long as there is compatibility, all functions and aspects of your device will work properly with our Xbox features.

We hope this information was helpful, and we wish you the best.
Thema:

1. Using webcam on Twitch app, how to use the webcam's microphone? - Similar Threads - Using webcam Twitch

2. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  3. Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?: I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use this...
  4. I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...: I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would I go about that to hook the camera up to my Xbox? 78739a90-a828-476b-80f4-cbed23175d58
  5. How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer a WebCam video that I use to record myself while Playing BUT I CAN’T...: I can’t figure out how to transfer from the Xbox system to a USB or a cloud service. I’m just using a generic WebCam but it’s not allowing me to access the files in order to move them. I’ve...
  6. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?: I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera....
  7. How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox: Hello. I recently decided to give twitch streaming a go and wanted to use a webcam so people could see me. I don't have a camera or a computer so i decided to use my phone as a camera since i...
  8. Can I use my iPhone X as a webcam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my iPhone X as a webcam: hi i was wondering am i able to use my iphone x as a webcam for my xboxone on mixer and what app would i need 1438b633-bd27-478a-8e5f-a7afebc6af55
  9. Use webcam on game capture?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use webcam on game capture?: Can you use a webcam on the 'xbox one' game capture feature? (NOT for live streaming just for game capture) 6368680d-7ed5-4d81-bb01-ae170aa4b14a
  10. Webcam and mic use on Xbox one x

in XBoX on Windows
    Webcam and mic use on Xbox one x: Trying to find out if the kinect adapter for xbox one x is discontinued, and if it is, can a Webcam and mic be used, we use Cortina on our Xbox one, she controls our cable, TV, sound system. And...