Using my receiver/sound system to deliver the Xbox audio

Discus and support Using my receiver/sound system to deliver the Xbox audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new Xbox One and after setup, including connecting my cable tv to the console, I am not getting any audio from my Xbox! I can get the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reded7799, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Reded7799
    Reded7799 Guest

I purchased a new Xbox One and after setup, including connecting my cable tv to the console, I am not getting any audio from my Xbox! I can get the audio from the cable when I am watching tv through the console but when I switch to Xbox there is no audio!
    Help please.

:)

Reded7799, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Razer Kraken Pro + Astro Mixamp?

Hello guys
    I have a pair of Kraken Pro and I would like to use them to play on the Xbox 360e and Xbox One.
    I thought that I could buy the Astro Mixamp, connect the mic and audio cable (Using a Y Splitter) to the MixAmp. Then hook up the MixAmp to my consoles.
    Will I receive the game audio into my headset?
    The Kraken are 7.1 Surround Sound, will the MixAmp be able to deliver it?
    Will I be able to talk in Xbox Live using the Razer Kraken Pro Mic?

Bests
    HospitalMadness

HospitalMadnes, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Fred Grizzle
    Fred Grizzle Guest
    Dolby Surround on Xbox One X

Hello,

I have a very high end surround sound system with a Denon receiver. When I had an Xbox One I was not able to run my cable television through the Xbox as the XBox would take over the audio and I would lose a lot of the surround sound quality versus using
    the receiver. I just purchased a One X and it appears there are a lot more options related to passing through sound and video including Bitstream. I am passing through 4K with HDR+ for the video and am curious if I am able to pass through the audio to the
    receiver and let the receiver use its higher end codecs to process the audio. I forget which version of Dolby I am using, I think it is a step below Atmos.

In summary, what settings on the One X should I set so that the audio from my Xfinity cable box is not processed by the Xbox but passed through to be processed by my receiver? Or do I have to skip using the Xbox for my TV and go straight from Xfinity to
    my receiver? Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Fred Grizzle, Dec 27, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: