Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox

Discus and support Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! Last night I purchase Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via the XBox app assuming I'd be able to use the keyboard / mouse pad of the Surface... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KateBovell, Oct 20, 2020.

1. KateBovell
    KateBovell Guest

Hello!

Last night I purchase Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via the XBox app assuming I'd be able to use the keyboard / mouse pad of the Surface Go, but the game controller seems to come up as the only control / accessibility option. Can this be changed?
    I don't have a game controller, so the game is useless to me if I can't access it this way. If this is the case, will I be able to return it and get a refund?

Thanks for your help!

Kate

:)

KateBovell, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Arminator Win User

DOUBT!

The Xbox can't be controlled by keyboard and mouse through the Stream mode at all. While it's possible in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition to use Keyboard and mouse, all other games don't accept keyboard and mouse input at all.

You might have to try Minecraft, if you can control it via Keyboard and mouse while streaming to your PC.
  3. Xabled Win User

Lets Talk Mouse & Keyboard Support for Xbox

On a side not, my wireless keyboard in my previous post in the pictures, CAN connect to my Xbox One X console. But I think it can only be used for messaging friends and for the Xbox One UI. It even works in Minecraft using the keyboard to write signs in
    Minecraft.

However it doesn't look like many Xbox games you can play the game solely off a keyboard and mouse.

I thought a lot of Xbox people supported a keyboard and mouse on Xbox.... Well in reality, it's not what it seems. The controller still wins. But it's not Microsoft's fault. It's down to the game developers too.

It costs game developers money and time to waste their time configuring an update for a platform which the majority of the market isn't even on (PC has the highest market of users). It would have to be beneficial for the game developer to implement an Xbox
    game to accept keyboard and mouse.

It would be good though if they implemented this for those who want it on Xbox.
    AND ANOTHER THING MINECRAFT ON XBOX USES MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CAPABILITIES *MIND BLOWN* WHERE ARE THE 12 YEAR OLD SCREAMING ITS NOT FAIR
  4. ColtonFreymiller Win User

Mouse disconnects while in Party Chat on PC

I am using a wired rgb mouse plugged into a usb 3.0 powered hub. I have not noticed my keyboard doing the same, but I really only use my mouse when playing minecraft.
  5. gameshareAcidxcalber Win User

My sidebuttons do not work on my mouse for Xbox Minecraft

Minecraft has support for side buttons and keyboard mouse they worked for me in past.

Now they don't in Minecraft, with any mouse with buttons.an update they must of deleted side button options.

Which means it Minecraft error not my Xbox or mouse.

Since Minecraft is owned by Microsoft I thought they'd help here.
  6. Mauro Sarlat Win User

I want to play Minecraft split screen but I do have not two controllers. I have a controller and mouse &keyboard Can I play split screen with a mouse & keyboard and controller

Thema:

1. Using my keyboard / mouse for Minecraft Dungeons on my Surface Go via XBox - Similar Threads - Using keyboard mouse

2. Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?

in XboX Insiders
    Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?: Hello Insiders Im part of Deta release and Im up to date so according to last changelogs I should be able to test keyboard / mouse beta through cloud gaming on browser :...
  3. I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t use my keyboard and mouse on my Xbox. I can only use it on my main account and not...: My keyboard and mouse are both from Logitech. 01e82728-4b2a-41f2-b31c-0936bcee96d0
  4. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  5. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  6. Keyboard and mouse use on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse use on Xbox: Hey, I just logged on and my keyboard and mouse, that I have been using on Fortnite the last 2 years, seems like after every Fortnite update the keyboard and/or mouse do not work, but now, it...
  7. How to use a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to play Starfield Standard Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to play Starfield Standard Edition: How to set up a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to play Starfield Standard Edition? Can I plug a dongle into the console to use a wireless keyboard and mouse Or can I use a wired mouse and...
  8. I am trying to use my keyboard and mouse on my xbox series x but it seems that none of the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to use my keyboard and mouse on my xbox series x but it seems that none of the...: I’ve even tried plugging in a phone charger to see if the ports were putting out any power and they weren’t. I am not sure what to do. I’ve tried rebooting, restarting, hard resetting and waiting...
  9. CAN I USE MY KEYBOARD OR MOUSE TO PLAY MINECRAFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CAN I USE MY KEYBOARD OR MOUSE TO PLAY MINECRAFT: CAN I USE MY KEYBOARD OR MOUSE TO PLAY MINECRAFT 6ab3d7fb-1715-45c2-b367-d0f85f1d3ef2
  10. Why can't I disable the on-screen keyboard when I am using a keyboard and mouse to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I disable the on-screen keyboard when I am using a keyboard and mouse to play...: Before if you were using keyboard and mouse it wouldn't pop up and ever since a few updates ago it is relentless. It's in the way and prevents using some of the in game shortcuts. I know I'm not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play minecraft dungeon with keyboard and mouse in ps4

2. is minecraft dungeons compatible with keyboard and mouse on xbox one