using linksys wireless network gaming adapter

Discus and support using linksys wireless network gaming adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; on my old network didn't have a password. Plugged wireless adapter into the ethernet port, called it a wired connection and it worked great. My new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jayd-15E79B50-1618-4C53-A418-1F66C8FB32B4, Jan 25, 2014.

1. using linksys wireless network gaming adapter

on my old network didn't have a password. Plugged wireless adapter into the ethernet port, called it a wired connection and it worked great. My new router requires a password, but how do I input a network password with a "wired" connection. It will not
    let me pick wireless since I don't have the official adapter.

:)

jayd-15E79B50-1618-4C53-A418-1F66C8FB32B4, Jan 25, 2014
  2. Wifi Connect-New XBox Update

I have a cisco/linksys E2000 router. I'm not sure about the Modem.. I have a white external wireless network adapter.

UnwoundPlane606, Jan 25, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    GMAN990, Jan 25, 2014
  4. Drakken Saer
    Drakken Saer Guest

Hi there jayd,

It is extremely rare for a device to have built-in support capability for passworded wired networks. Typically this isn't an innovation that is needed because you can't really break into a wired network the same way that you can over a wireless network.
    This said, you can make your wireless network unpassworded. To do this you will need a PC with access to the network, you will also need the router's IP address, and you will need the owner's manual or some form of documentation which describes how to make
    the router an "Open" network. First, get onto your PC and connect to your network. Then open your browser and type the IP address of your router into the address bar. You should be presented with a login page. After you login, you will want to consult the
    aforementioned documentation that describes how to navigate the router's interface to make the network "Open".

Drakken Saer, Jan 25, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: