Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA

Discus and support Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all. After much Googling (or should I say instead Binging here), I can't find the answer to my particular problem. I'm moving to the USA soon and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeeperFuzzball7, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA

Hi all. After much Googling (or should I say instead Binging here), I can't find the answer to my particular problem.

I'm moving to the USA soon and deliberating whether it would make sense to take my XBox 360 and games along.

The question I have is regarding the power source. Should I use a step up transformer that can provide 135W, or if I buy a USA power brick, would it be compatible with the UK console?

There's tons of answers to this on the interwebs, but frustratingly almost all of them begin with 'i dont know, but...' and include phrases like 'it SHOULD...' and a lot of conflicting stories in the above 2 options, from people who never actually tried
    it.

I know a transformer will step up the voltage, but the frequency (ie 60Hz input for a 50Hz device) is unchanged.

So, to be precise, my questions are:

Is the USA power supply compatible with a UK console? can it be plugged straight in and work?

Does the difference in frequency(Hz) matter if I'm using a transformer?

Which of these is the better option?

Thanks for the help

:)

DeeperFuzzball7, Dec 8, 2015
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Changing XBox Live account region

The 100+ Arcade Games are included in "DLC Content" (Downloadable Content), they are tied to the gamertag, and that XBOX.

If you plan on using the same XBOX 360 in the UK you will need a new power supply as well since US / UK have different power voltages and the games you get from the UK are in a different format as well.

USA = 120 V and UK = 230 V, they are not compatible with each other so you'd need to get yourself a new power supply if you intend on using the same XBOX 360.

Games made in the USA (and compatible with USA consoles - NTSC Format), Games sold in the UK (and compatible with UK consoles - PAL Format)

So, please be mindful of that Using a UK XBox 360 in the USA :).

HassanB, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Using my USA xbox 360 in the UK

tv's in Europe use a different plug for analog audio/video but you should have no problem using HDMI.

Other issues with be Region Locked games and you won't be able to play any of the PAL disc based games that you would find locally. Another issue may be dealing with warranty service being that you have a USA console and will be in the UK.

Good luck abroad. Be safe.

Continue using my Community display name, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Never use any type of step up transformer or power converter with your console.

You would need a U.S. power brick which will work fine with your console.

Daft Badger, Dec 9, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: