Using a mobile hot spot to download day 1 updates

Discus and support Using a mobile hot spot to download day 1 updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am getting an xbox one soon but will not have internet for a month or so. Can I use my cell phones mobile hot spot to download the day 1 updates to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gamer4Life1973, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Using a mobile hot spot to download day 1 updates

I am getting an xbox one soon but will not have internet for a month or so. Can I use my cell phones mobile hot spot to download the day 1 updates to my xbox one?

:)

Gamer4Life1973, Apr 11, 2014
  2. coda38
    coda38 Guest
    can anyone fix this

I have a friend that was getting it he tried using a mobile hot spot and that fixed it and let him download it

coda38, Apr 11, 2014
  3. 0x80072EFD Update Error Still Unresolved

I have opened my mobile as a hot spot and connected to it and the download has started now.

ComicMarrow7935, Apr 11, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

I'm not 100%, but I think I've seen it said that this cannot be done. You would need either a WiFi or ethernet connection from a local network.

maxen, Apr 12, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

I'm not 100%, but I think I've seen it said that this cannot be done. You would need either a WiFi or ethernet connection from a local network.
  6. Daddi261 Win User

Unable to update games due to 0x87e00005

It worked for us over a hot spot mobile provider Vodafone. We started the download on the hot-spot then once it had started switched to Three mobile WiFi through the hauwei router and the download of rainbow six seige completed saving data on the hot-spot.
    But the queued games didn't so we will have to start any download/update on the hot spot then switch over.
  7. GL74SD Win User

Unable to update games due to 0x87e00005

It worked for us over a hot spot mobile provider Vodafone. We started the download on the hot-spot then once it had started switched to Three mobile WiFi through the hauwei router and the download of rainbow six seige completed saving data on the
    hot-spot. But the queued games didn't so we will have to start any download/update on the hot spot then switch over.
    Same here - at least working now by starting it via phone hotspot, then switching back to Huawei 4G router for the main download. Still wondering why the router is blocking the initial start of download - maybe need to whitelist something in the router settings?
  8. coda38 Win User

can anyone fix this

I have a friend that was getting it he tried using a mobile hot spot and that fixed it and let him download it
  9. ComicMarrow7935 Win User

0x80072EFD Update Error Still Unresolved

I have opened my mobile as a hot spot and connected to it and the download has started now.
Thema:

1. Using a mobile hot spot to download day 1 updates - Similar Threads - Using mobile hot

2. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  3. Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you use cloud gaming on the mobile app?: I downloaded the app to use cloud gaming, but it seemed that it was only to play stuff through your console, which was not what I wanted 6fef2441-f1fb-4501-a894-e9acbde87546
  4. Fortnite Mobile controls when I’m using a controller (cloud gaming)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Mobile controls when I’m using a controller (cloud gaming): Regardless if I have a controller or not, the mobile Fortnite controls still show up. a48baef7-de60-4117-95ac-2f618047b106
  5. Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the...: Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the daily limit for code attemps 6e7ee984-d9ef-40fb-af53-b273c1aedf56
  6. Can I use my Landline instead of mobile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use my Landline instead of mobile?: I just want to redeem my rewards. I have done so on my console in the past. Now I need a mobile number (dont have wont get). I'm on my console i just want to add to the account not another...
  7. Roblox thinks I'm using mobile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox thinks I'm using mobile?: I am Windos 10. I download Roblox Microsoft version. When I enter the game, I see the phone buttons. How i can solve it. and shift lock doesn't work.(i download the game form Microsoft Store)...
  8. Roblox thinks im using a touchscreen or mobile device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox thinks im using a touchscreen or mobile device: Roblox thinks i'm using a touchscreen or mobile device. How to fix it ? I disable "compliant pen" - "compliant touch screen" and windows ink but this method doesn't work. I have windows 10 ....
  9. why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my...: i downloaded roblox from microsoft store but then all of a sudden it thinks im playing on mobile but im playing on computer that is windows 10 how do i fix it b04e1dc1-6b82-48ac-b24d-21f1ff20e07b
  10. unable to join online co op on far cry 6 unless i use mobile hot spot

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to join online co op on far cry 6 unless i use mobile hot spot: I have just bought far cry 6 from Ubisoft it will not connect to co op online through my WI FI but it works through my mobile hotspot but it will allow me to join a game if I join through Ubisoft...