User switch and game save?

Discus and support User switch and game save? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I switch user on my series x and open a game that a different user was previously playing, why does it then open the other users game save point and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhatBackBeat, Jan 7, 2023.

1. PhatBackBeat
    PhatBackBeat Guest

If I switch user on my series x and open a game that a different user was previously playing, why does it then open the other users game save point and ask me to sign in again rather than open it up at the last point I was at when I played the game?

:)

PhatBackBeat, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Because when you switch, it doesn't sign out the other player. You would need to sign them out instead of switch.
  3. Flying Cattle Win User

Retro Golden Lancer Question

Pretty sure it's just letting you know what saves belong to which user. If you switched your name to "FIST O BRUTES", It should say "FIST O BRUTES Saved Game Files".

Switching your Gamertag doesn't affect saves.
  4. Northern Lass Win User

Minecraft Nintendo Switch Edition

Try deleting the game save for minecraft on your switch and starting again inputing the correct microsoft account

To delete the game data

HOME Menu, select "System Settings

Scroll down and select "Data Management" > "Manage Save Data/Screenshots" > "Delete Save Data."

Select Minecraft

Select your switch user name

This will delete all saved data for the game on your switch and will not be recoverable so make sure that is want you want to do.
  5. kddlfcieasdf Win User

Switching game profiles for logged-in users

That worked great - thank you! I had been hitting the Xbox button, then the menu and not seeing the "Quit" option but found that you have to go fully into the guide.

It would be nice of they standardized the way this works a bit better!
  6. Georges C. Win User

Switching game profiles for logged-in users

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Kddlfcieasdf, so you can do this correctly the account that has the purchased games has to be as main in the console (Home Console) that because the license of the game is attached to the account you bought, the game can be shared on Xbox but the license can not be transferred from one account to another.

To share correctly follow the instructions in the link below.

Note: Having all accounts in the family does not share games and subscriptions, so they can enjoy sharing you will have to perform as indicated below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. User switch and game save? - Similar Threads - User switch game

2. How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned?: 2 weeks ago a user hacked into and stole $347 from our account and attempted another $200 before my credit card flagged it as fraud. Xbox assured us the user would be permanently banned yet no...
  3. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  4. Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...: Been playing actively for two weeks, and launched a couple days ago to find that the java launcher was asking for a new username. I closed and restarted in an attempt to avoid it, but it...
  5. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  6. Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch: This issue has popped up a few times with services using Microsoft as authentication (Minecraft, Xbox, even Microsoft.com). I have a personal Microsoft account, which I use to subscribe to Office...
  7. Switch user profile to a child account not the primary account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch user profile to a child account not the primary account.: I need to move the primary XBOX profile (my parent account) to a member (my son's account). He has been using my account and I want him moved to a member account so I can review and limit his XBOX...
  8. Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...: My brother plays Minecraft on his switch and was logged in and was connected to all of his friends. His Microsoft account was recently logged out and he couldn't log back in unless he reset the...
  9. Accidently signed in as new user. Just want to switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidently signed in as new user. Just want to switch: on my windows 8.1 phone I accidentally signed in as new user and all I want to go is sign I with my actual XboxLive account that I've had for some time. Can somebody PLEASE help me as to how I can...
  10. How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account?: Please help. I am a newbie to Xbox 360 and to WoT. How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account? I have several Xbox Live accounts. When I...