use kinect/skype as a security camera

Discus and support use kinect/skype as a security camera in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was wondering if xbox could do this. My original thought was to be able to control my xbox from another country using wifi to allow me to turn on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SELGOMEZ F CLUB, Dec 15, 2015.

1. use kinect/skype as a security camera

I was wondering if xbox could do this. My original thought was to be able to control my xbox from another country using wifi to allow me to turn on my tv and directly skype my family through the xbox without the need for them to press any buttons. My parents
    don't know how to use the xbox so I was wondering if this was a possibility. My xbox would be my skype contact so I'd be able to skype them. Then due to sleep deprivation I started thinking about the Kinect being a camera and it's like always on so I was wondering
    if it could be used as a security camera. I'd set times for when my house should be empty and for when everybody's usually sleeping and my xbox would recognize my family's faces and detect strangers and alert me through the xbox app if there are intruders.

:)

SELGOMEZ F CLUB, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Get Rid of Kinect (Read)

I think project spark will use kinect.....also, kinect works great with skype, allows me to ditch my old PC camera for a much better setup.

Burnin TODI, Dec 15, 2015
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Where is Skype for Kinect?

Well group video calling, is only available with Skype Premium & texts also use Skype Credits etc..

If it is anything like Skype for HDTV, that already uses a Kinect like camera.. You also pay a Subscription fee for some features, like voice calls too..

OCRyzen, Dec 15, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

use kinect/skype as a security camera