use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360

Discus and support use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so, this is the situation as it were. im attempting to use an extra ipod classic i have laying around to back up mass content from my XB360 (capital... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thehardwarehacker, Nov 15, 2014.

1. use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360

so, this is the situation as it were. im attempting to use an extra ipod classic i have laying around to back up mass content from my XB360 (capital sin i know, but i dont care) i tried doing a format from my windows computer, and then plugging it into the
    XB, but that didnt work. is this something others have tried/ succeeded in doing? or is it like trying to get a banana to cross pollinate with a pear?

:)

thehardwarehacker, Nov 15, 2014
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    Xbox media player

Xbox Support:

How can I play media from my iPhone and iPod Touch?
    Unfortunately, the iPhone and iPod Touch use a different mechanism for storing media than a “traditional” USB drive, so Media Player is currently unable to play content from these devices.

ClNTRoN, Nov 15, 2014
  3. Poofius
    Poofius Guest
    question about uploading music to my hard drive via Ipod touch

Yeah you cannot copy music from a classic ipod. You can only play it through the 360. I used to do it all the time.

Poofius, Nov 15, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Some people have been having issues getting the console to read iPods lately. If the console does not recognize your usb device and allow you to use it for storage then you may need to get a new usb drive to use for your backups.

You are allowed up to two usb devices at a time with a maximum of 32GB of storage each.

onyxishere, Nov 15, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Some people have been having issues getting the console to read iPods lately. If the console does not recognize your usb device and allow you to use it for storage then you may need to get a new usb drive to use for your backups.

You are allowed up to two usb devices at a time with a maximum of 32GB of storage each.
  6. Poofius Win User

question about uploading music to my hard drive via Ipod touch

Yeah you cannot copy music from a classic ipod. You can only play it through the 360. I used to do it all the time.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Ipod nano wont play music on my 360

iPods that support operation as USB storage devices will work with the 360. The Shuffle presumably retains this functionality. iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, and presumably at least some models of iPod Nano do not have this functionality. iPod Classic and apparently
    iPod Shuffle should remain usable with the 360.
  8. RippenHarra Win User

Media player app.

@youth your iPod will be formatted to the iTunes format. If you turned your iPod into a mass storage device it would read it.
  9. RyanUdy Win User

Need Optional iPod Support

OK, thanks Mister Gwyther. What about the gen 5 Classic iPod?
Thema:

1. use ipod classic to backup mass content from XB360 - Similar Threads - ipod classic backup

2. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...
  3. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  4. any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?: i have changed my gamertag the old one still in use and it shows on both my profile and in game's it's also have set automatically as a classic gamertag the new one only shows on profile...
  5. WE Want Classic Call of Duty Titles to get a Fully Remastered!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WE Want Classic Call of Duty Titles to get a Fully Remastered!: Hi Now that Microsoft has taken over Activision We Want to see Classic call of duty Titles get a Fully Remaster. Even tho Activision has fixed the Cod servers there are still a Tone of Hackers on...
  6. XBOX OG CLASSIC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX OG CLASSIC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games please add OG XBOX ON NEXT GEN ? 600faafd-3f0b-456a-9fa7-c56977da25e3
  7. Syncing Minecraft Account from iPod to Laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Minecraft Account from iPod to Laptop: My son created a Microsoft Minecraft account on his iPod. He also has a MacBook Air that he would like to play Minecraft on. When he logged into his Minecraft account from the MacBook, he was...
  8. Can't Connect iPod to Xbox....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect iPod to Xbox....: Can't connect and use my iPod to the Xbox 360 using USB, and yes, I have the OMU, both from 2008 and 2011. Yes, I've gone through all your steps that obviously don't work. It's pathetic. GG,...
  9. I can't use awards anywhere except on my computer/Ipod

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use awards anywhere except on my computer/Ipod: I cant open my awards on my xbox. it always says Welcome. Awards are unlockable. And when I unlock an award it says cannot reach profile,but it works for all other online profiles on my account....
  10. My iPod won't charge on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iPod won't charge on my Xbox One: I don't know if this is the right place to be asking this but why won't my ipod charge on my Xbox One? I plug it into my console and nothing happens. As if it doesn't even recognize it. If anybody...