USB Wireless headset Sonic or Dolby downmix HDMI Receiver audio

Discus and support USB Wireless headset Sonic or Dolby downmix HDMI Receiver audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a USB dongle wireless stereo headset. PDP AG9. When the USB dongle is plugged in and Headset settings set to Dolby or Sonic, Settings shows the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DadBart, Jul 1, 2017.

1. DadBart
    DadBart Guest

I have a USB dongle wireless stereo headset. PDP AG9. When the USB dongle is plugged in and Headset settings set to Dolby or Sonic, Settings shows the HDMI Audio out is downgraded to stereo instead of my normal Bitstream. Even when
    the headset is not turned on. I have to unplug the USB dongle for it to show the usual Bitstream, etc. for HDMI out. Is there a way to not have to keep taking it in and out to have control over the HDMI Audio out when enhanced headset audio is selected?

:)

DadBart, Jul 1, 2017
  2. ebefspz
    ebefspz Guest
    Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI

When either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones is selected and headphone audio is output via HDMI or optical (i.e. box is checked in settings
    menu), my receiver still shows that it is receiving the same HDMI audio type before the virtual surround headphone processing was selected.

For example, if HDMI audio is set to 5.1 uncompressed and I select Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the HDMI and optical audio selections are grayed out as Headphone format but my receiver still shows
    5.1 PCM as the input audio signal.

If I back out of Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones and change the HDMI audio out, when I activate Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones again my receiver reports whatever
    the HDMI audio selection is as the audio input signal. For example, if HDMI audio is set to Bitstream (Dolby Digital), my receiver reports Dolby Digital 5.1 as the audio input signal. If HDMI audio is set to 7.1 Uncompressed, my receiver reports 7.1 PCM as
    the audio input signal. If HDMI audio is set to Stereo Uncompressed, my receiver reports 2.0 PCM as the audio input signal.

I was assuming that the Headphone audio format would be a 2 channel PCM signal with virtual surround processing encoded in the two channels, and therefore the audio sent to my receiver
    would always be 2 channel PCM.

What are the correct settings for outputting the virtual surround modes for Headset audio over HDMI?

ebefspz, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Verkinix
    Verkinix Guest
    Bug Report: Xbox One No Audio While Downloading (Dolby Atmos)

Ok, I may have a little more info. The other day, I had the audio completely go out constantly, and even reboots would get sound for a short time until I would stop downloads and restart. This happened 20+ attempts.

Anyway, I set settings-> audio output to stereo, restarted, uninstalled dolby atmos access app, restarted, stopped the downloads, restarted, reinstalled dolby access, reconfigured headset for dolby atmos for headphones, and restarted the other downloads,
    but the problem persisted. I then selected the Using HDMI or optical audio headset checkbox and hooked up the HDMI to an HDMI audio sink device. I was getting audio there, but not through the headset. I did have the failure while the dolby atmos app was uninstalled
    completely.

At this point I figured it was an issue with the USB wireless dongle, so I hot plugged that (same USB port on the side of the xbox). This seemed to clear the issue (at least for the last couple days). I'm really not sure why the full system shutdown of the
    console didn't clear this unless power applied to USB devices remain active and the device dongle remains in the "bad state" that it was in.

It's also odd that downloading would cause a USB device failure that would clear up with turning off the download state. Perhaps some contention between the hard drive read/write access and the USB read/write multimedia stream access. It's possible the Hotplug
    reset the USB driver.

My settings are the following:

Display & Sound -> Headset Format -> Dolby Atmos for headsets & Using HDMI or optical audio headset Enabled

TV & OneGuide -> Audio & Video -> Audio -> Stereo (this setting is ambiguous as to how it should be set with Atmos, stereo vs surround, but to ensure that there wasn't an issue caused by doubling the surround processing, it's set to stereo).

I have an HDMI splitter connected to the HDMI Input port with a Nintendo Switch, SNES Classic, Xbox 360, and PC plugged in (no cable box device).

Verkinix, Jul 1, 2017
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox audio is broken!!

We could surely try to help you better if you provided more information to pinpoint the issue better.

What hardware are you using to play audio? How is it connected?

Are you playing audio through your TV via HDMI? Or are you using a soundbar or AV Receiver? Are they connected via HDMI as well, or are you using the optical cable?

Or are you using a headset and getting sound through the 3.5mm jack of your controller? Or is it a wireless headset?

What audio settings are you using? Stereo, 5.1 surround, Dolby Atmos, Windows Sonic?
  5. Emil.Dahl Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

The Xbox audio settings I have available are as follows:

HDMI audio:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Dolby Digital

* Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

Headset Format:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Windows Sonic for Headphones

* Dolby Atmos for Headphones

* DTS Headphone:X

Tried all of them. Nothing helped.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Astro a50 gen 4/atmos

as someone that is a volunteer trying to help you out I really appreciate the feedback that this has been a waste of both of our times.

The Xbox One Base Station and both versions of the A50 Wireless Headset will deliver Atmos and
    Sonic through PC and Xbox One. As with the MixAmp Pro TR, you will need to disable Dolby on your A50 Wireless
    + Base Station, as you only want the audio processing done by either Atmos or Sonic.

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Xbox Settings -> Audio -> then under Headset select "Dolby Atmos" and tick the box to say you are using HDMI or Optical. Turn off the Dolby on the headset to make sure the audio doesn't get
    processed twice.
  7. XBF George L Win User

Dolby atmos para auriculares falla descarga en xbox one x *Mod Translation* Dolby Atmos for earphones failure download on Xbox One X

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems getting Dolby Atmos to work on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
  8. XBF George L Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems getting Dolby Atmos to work on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
Thema:

1. USB Wireless headset Sonic or Dolby downmix HDMI Receiver audio - Similar Threads - USB Wireless headset

2. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  3. Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?: I have the initial bootup audio from the headset and it connects to the USB because I can see the solid green light when my mic is unmuted and the breathing red light when it's muted. But it...
  4. So I stream on twitch I use a USB headset and a wireless controller but every once and a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I stream on twitch I use a USB headset and a wireless controller but every once and a...: So while I'm streaming every once and a while there will be horrible static coming from my mic I used 2 different mics one is usb rig mic and the other is a wired mic but both get static I don't...
  5. Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...: I have been trying to find a way to use the xbox one wireless headset on PC and separate the audio between discord and whatever game I'm playing using the chat mixer built into the headset ( the...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Causes USB Headset to Stop Working: So I got a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so I can use my controller with the my PC. It works fine except for one really weird problem. When I plug it into my motherboard, it causes my USB...
  7. Does using the Xbox Wireless Headset on Windows 10 with the Xbox Wireless Adapter USB...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does using the Xbox Wireless Headset on Windows 10 with the Xbox Wireless Adapter USB...: The new Xbox Wireless Headset page suggest that it can connect to a Windows PC using the Xbox Wireless Adapter instead of Bluetooth - presumably to use a similar wireless protocol as when paired...
  8. XBOX usb wireless adapter for my headset

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX usb wireless adapter for my headset: hello all, just a question for you all. Why did my headset stop working and now the adapter doesn't even light up it won't pair or anything. and it was just working. I am lost on this please help...
  9. Wireless Headset And Wireless Controller can't connect to a xbox wireless adapter usb at...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset And Wireless Controller can't connect to a xbox wireless adapter usb at...: Whenever I connect either my headset or my controller separately they work completely fine. But about 5 minutes after I connect both to the same USB the audio starts going out and the xbox...
  10. Pdp lvl50 wireless headset made for xbox. Console will not recognize USB wireless dongle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pdp lvl50 wireless headset made for xbox. Console will not recognize USB wireless dongle.: It worked fine before.. Then the update happened and it just cut out and won't reconnect.... Tried everything including a full xbox reset... Headset and dongle are fine because it plays a few...