usb wireless dongle metal shield fell off!

Discus and support usb wireless dongle metal shield fell off! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help! I have a Microsoft wireless desktop 850 and the metal part of the usb dongle came off and got stuck in the USB port. I was able to get it out but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jonasilver, Oct 9, 2023.

1. jonasilver
    jonasilver Guest

Help! I have a Microsoft wireless desktop 850 and the metal part of the usb dongle came off and got stuck in the USB port. I was able to get it out but how do I put it back on the dongle without it coming off again?

:)

jonasilver, Oct 9, 2023
  2. jonasilver Win User

Thanks, but I would like someone to tell me in the fourm how to fix it and not be redirected to call the support center.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello jonasilver,

You're welcome.

Although we can assist you with troubleshooting here, the experts you needed is not to troubleshoot the issue. As there is no hardware repair here in forum.

We recommend you reach out our live support team for you to know your support options.

That is why you they can assist you with repairs related to hardware issues on Microsoft Store. Should you be comfortable writing instead of phone calls, you may try to use the Microsoft Store virtual assistant and get connected to our live chat support team.

[​IMG]

Link: MicrosoftStore.com

Terms of sale can be found here - Terms of Sale - Microsoft Store.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello jonasilver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble with your Microsoft wireless desktop 850 USB dongle.

To ensure you will assist by the right team, please reach out to our live support by contacting them: Contact Microsoft Store Support - Microsoft Support.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can I use a usb 3 hub and 3 metre usb extension with the Xbox one S?

You would be better off getting a wireless keyboard and mouse that use a USB dongle. They work just fine
  6. Upinya Slayin Win User

New Bluetooth headsets for Xbox One S? What COMPLETELY WIRELESS Bluetooth headset will you be using?

Bluetooth won't allow for wireless headsets like you think. I have a PS4 which has bluetooth and my wireless headset for it requires the USB dongle with it and a cable that goes from the USB dongle to the optical out port on it. (turtle beach 500p) I have
    a wireless one for my X1 as well (afterglow AG9) and it just has the USB dongle.
Thema:

1. usb wireless dongle metal shield fell off! - Similar Threads - usb wireless dongle

2. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  3. Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller?: Can using a usb for wireless xbox series s controller damage my controller? 4903c42a-5598-4d7c-800e-3cd7270b8e6e
  4. What are the limits of wireless USB connectivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are the limits of wireless USB connectivity?: I'm doing research into the limits of USB wireless connections and how they work. We all own or at least have used wireless USB connected devices. For example, wireless mouse and keyboards where a...
  5. Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the...: Does anyone know if the Xbox Wireless Headset when connected with the USB-C cable to the Xbox Series X outputs the audio through the cable instead of wirelessly? Would really like the option to...
  6. Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle: I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's light is currently solid white (never mind,...
  7. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23
  8. Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my Turtle beaches stealth 600 gen 2 USB wireless headset connecting to anything?: I have the initial bootup audio from the headset and it connects to the USB because I can see the solid green light when my mic is unmuted and the breathing red light when it's muted. But it...
  9. So I stream on twitch I use a USB headset and a wireless controller but every once and a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I stream on twitch I use a USB headset and a wireless controller but every once and a...: So while I'm streaming every once and a while there will be horrible static coming from my mic I used 2 different mics one is usb rig mic and the other is a wired mic but both get static I don't...
  10. Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless...: I have been trying to find a way to use the xbox one wireless headset on PC and separate the audio between discord and whatever game I'm playing using the chat mixer built into the headset ( the...