USB ports don’t work with my hardrive

Discus and support USB ports don’t work with my hardrive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a external hard drive that has its own power source. It was working fine before today, but now when I plug in my hardrive it doesn’t register... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jaylofthouse, Mar 25, 2023.

1. jaylofthouse
    jaylofthouse Guest

I have a external hard drive that has its own power source. It was working fine before today, but now when I plug in my hardrive it doesn’t register and if I plug it in before my controller it doesn’t register my controller. All the ports work because I’ve plugged my controller in all of them but for some reason my hardrive doesn’t register anymore.is there anyway to fix this? Xbox series s

:)

jaylofthouse, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

What's your external drive make/model?

Be sure to try all the suggested troubleshooting steps from this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....

If you've tried all of those steps and still having the same issue, our last resort would be to perform a factory reset on your console. There's an option to keep your games and apps. Just a heads up that it's not guaranteed to fix the issue if your hard drive is the faulty one.

Before you attempt the factory reset, try to use a different cable for your hard drive or different power adapter. Alternatively, try to connect it to a Windows PC if it's going to be detected. If not, your drive may be faulty and you must contact the manufacturer support for assistance or possible replacement.
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Question

You should be able to use an external usb hardrive as well as the games you already have installed on your xbox, as long as it meets the requirements for downloading and storing games. I have a 3tb hardrive and use my xbox hardrive as well for downloading
    and storing games and it works just fine, you just have to connect it to the usb port of your xbox for it to be recognized as an external device.
  4. Malkavian Wisp Win User

Can't play multiplayer

It worked. I was using new USB on my box slim and didnt work. The hardrive on it didnt work either. My Xbox arcade though did work when I put it on the hardrive. Thanks for the quick response. :)
  5. MadhouseBox Win User

Can't download newest update.

Hey i copied the update from the USB to the hardrive and it's working now, thanks.
  6. Rab1d Squ1rrels Win User

Using a portable HDD

Are you sure? it's a USB hardrive. Ive used a smaller one before and it worked
Thema:

1. USB ports don’t work with my hardrive - Similar Threads - USB ports don’t

2. USB ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB ports not working: So my towns power went out and I came back to find my USB ports didn’t want to connect my headset USB. I tried to turn it off and on (nothing), restarting and still nothing. BUT!!! My headset had...
  3. question about xbox series s usb port

in XBoX on Windows
    question about xbox series s usb port: Hello Microsoft, I have a question about the Xbox Series S device. My problem or question is when I connect the Xbox device to electricity, I feel when I touch the USB port I feel the presence of...
  4. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  5. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  6. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  7. How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?: My USB port is not working. eb61813a-29d9-401d-9798-10dd411f2927
  8. Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?: Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance? 78a1bc49-9177-478b-926a-a93163056d03
  9. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  10. usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb ports: sometimes when i play i get hyped and i pull my controller toward me whille plugged into the usb port so it pulls tge console toward me .. does that damage the port ? i know it could damage it but...