Usb port issue. Xbox series x.

Discus and support Usb port issue. Xbox series x. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been using all 3 ports on my Xbox series x for about a year now. I have a steelseries apex pro mini keyboard, Razer basilisk v3, and steelseries... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EloquentPrune23, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Usb port issue. Xbox series x.

I’ve been using all 3 ports on my Xbox series x for about a year now. I have a steelseries apex pro mini keyboard, Razer basilisk v3, and steelseries arctis pro all plugged into my Xbox. Everything has worked perfect until recently I’ve noticed that very shortly I’ll be moving with WASD and sometimes I’ll continue to move even if I’m not inputting and sometimes it doesn’t read my input. It would be very brief to the point of almost not being noticeable. Today I was playing and everything disconnected headset, mouse, and keyboard. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in and nothing would work. Then I tried everything individually to find out that my keyboard and headset can be plugged in but if my mouse is plugged in nothing works. I’m curious if I’m overloading the usb ports or what’s going on here. Any advice helps thank you!

:)

EloquentPrune23, Feb 1, 2024
  2. Kurtis Lloyd Win User

Xbox Series X Seagate 2TB SSD connection weak

There isn't enough power on the bus for the card and the external guessing platter HDD

You need to get a powered USB 3.0 hub, that comes with an external power brick
    This was the first time I've had issues with it. I set the system up when I had the original Xbox one around 2015 or 2016 and the USB port layout has stayed the same when I switched to the newer Xbox Series X. The only difference was the switch from a USB 2.0 hub to a 3.0 hub

Since the Xbox Series X has more up to date USB ports, I doubt it would be a lack of distributed power

USB Port Layout:

x1 - USB 3.0 HDD plugged directly into the port on the Series X

x1- USB 3.0 Hub 4-Port (Not independently powered by a power brick)

1. USB 3.0 SteelSeries Headset receiver
    2. Empty
    3. Empty
    4. USB 3.0 Seagate SSD
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Series X not recognizing External SSD as USB 3.0

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Ensure that you are using the correct USB port on your Series X. Some consoles have multiple USB ports, but not all of them may support USB 3.0 speeds. Check your Series X's manual or support website to see which ports support USB 3.0 speeds.

Try connecting the SSD enclosure to a different USB port on your Series X. If the first port you tried did not work, it is possible that there is an issue with that specific port. Try a different one to see if it recognizes the SSD enclosure as USB 3.0.

Verify that the USB cable you are using is rated for USB 3.0 speeds. Some USB cables may not be rated for USB 3.0 speeds and can cause the device to not be recognized as USB 3.0. Ensure that the USB cable you are using is rated for USB 3.0 speeds and is in good condition.
  5. Alberrock Win User

Playing a second video MP4 in a folder results in crash - 0x00d11cd (0x80070006) - XBox Series X

No, I play the videos on an XBox Series X with the media player. The external SDD is connected via USB to the front USB port. There is no PC involved.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Hello EloquentPrune23,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, doing a search on the internet I found that the independent advisor Gerardo C. has a solution, I will leave him his information so that he can find out about the solution.

If when you press the sync button on your console the Xbox logo on the power button does not flash then it may be corrected by the following procedure if it is not a hardware problem:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists.

Generally, when users present this problem, it is solved with the aforementioned, it would be worth trying it hoping that it is nothing serious like a hardware problem.

Credits:https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ad8bf8cf-a9d0-48ea-8f83-39ed9cce5835

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
Thema:

1. Usb port issue. Xbox series x. - Similar Threads - Usb port issue

2. USB ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB ports not working: So my towns power went out and I came back to find my USB ports didn’t want to connect my headset USB. I tried to turn it off and on (nothing), restarting and still nothing. BUT!!! My headset had...
  3. question about xbox series s usb port

in XBoX on Windows
    question about xbox series s usb port: Hello Microsoft, I have a question about the Xbox Series S device. My problem or question is when I connect the Xbox device to electricity, I feel when I touch the USB port I feel the presence of...
  4. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  5. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  6. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  7. How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?: My USB port is not working. eb61813a-29d9-401d-9798-10dd411f2927
  8. Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?: Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance? 78a1bc49-9177-478b-926a-a93163056d03
  9. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  10. usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb ports: sometimes when i play i get hyped and i pull my controller toward me whille plugged into the usb port so it pulls tge console toward me .. does that damage the port ? i know it could damage it but...