usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox

Discus and support usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; today, I was trying to record my gameplay up to an hour which requires a 3.0 ntfs usb and so i used my sandisk 128 gb usb which is 3.0 and ntfs and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thabit Mohammed, Aug 11, 2023.

1. usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox

today, I was trying to record my gameplay up to an hour which requires a 3.0 ntfs usb and so i used my sandisk 128 gb usb which is 3.0 and ntfs and when i did, it got recognised by my xbox but it didn't show on the list for capture save location so i tried a different usb which is a sandisk 64 gb usb which is also 3.0 and ntfs but yet, it didn't work .

(i have a xbox one s)

:)

Thabit Mohammed, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox

3. NicoleSakai Win User

Upload app "capture not saved" error

Not only are my captures not being save (both screenshots and clips), but they are not showing up in my activity feed. Please help!
  4. SammyVS Win User

game bar save location

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Are you saying your new captures are being saved in the path you mentioned?

Have you tried to create a folder called ''captures'' in the desired drive location?
  5. ThatTonyKReb0rn Win User

Gamertag change seems to have caused issues.

My 360 has recognised the GT change & signs me in with new GT but Xbox One still signs me in as the old GT even though it shows my new GT in games etc.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hello Kursaalflyer,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and I apologize for some delay in my end.

Based on the information provided, the USB you are using meets the requirement for an external drive to be used for back up of game captures and screenshots.

We would like to ask if your external drive was set as your capture location by going to these steps:

• Plug a USB 3.0 (or faster) drive into your console.
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
    • Go to your external drive and select Set as capture location.
    • Your game clips and screenshots will be recorded to your external drive. To revert, set your internal drive as your capture location.

Additionally, have you tried inserting your external drive to different port your Xbox Console and experiencing the same issue? And also, can you tell us if the USB is used only for backing up your captures and screenshots and no other files are being saved?

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. usb not showing in capture save location even though being recognised by my xbox - Similar Threads - usb showing capture

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks: I was trying to use my SanDisk USB thumb drive to record gameplay footage and it is not showing up in the storage devices section (it flashes up for half a second but it disappears) so it is only...
  6. Xbox One Controller not connecting via usb cable to computer, not showing up in bluetooth...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller not connecting via usb cable to computer, not showing up in bluetooth...: I have this controller from my friend's Xbox One. This controller powers on, but for some reason does not show up in Bluetooth devices on my PC or my phone. If I try to connect the controller via...
  7. 4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    4K GameDVR clips saved to USB 3.0 won’t show on PC: I’ve been using a USB 3.0 thumb drive to record several 4K clips (30 seconds each) on my Xbox. Everything was formatted properly and I can view the clips on my Xbox just fine. When plug the USB...
  8. Oneguide - TV show info missing - USB connection

in XboX Insiders
    Oneguide - TV show info missing - USB connection: Hello, The oneguide guide has not been displaying tv show information for weeks now. I have reset oneguide and even re scanned the frequencies but still no info. I am located in Australia....
  9. Game data on usb won't show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data on usb won't show: Hi, my brother and I have had to share a 360 for years, so I decided to get my own. Like an idiot, I moved my gaming data instead of copying it to a flash drive and now it won't show up on either...
  10. Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble getting my USB devices to all show at once: So it's my first post so my apologies for if I'm stupid but eh I'll give this a shot. I know I should just get a bigger hard drive (I have a 20gb right now) but it's just cheaper and easier for...