USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC)

Discus and support USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm using an M-Audio air 192/6 with an AT2020 and the app shows the line 1/2 input but the party app doesn't seem to be monitoring any sound and no one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lewisss585, May 3, 2020.

1. Lewisss585
    Lewisss585 Guest

I'm using an M-Audio air 192/6 with an AT2020 and the app shows the line 1/2 input but the party app doesn't seem to be monitoring any sound and no one can hear me when I speak in party chat. However, using an old USB headset with 3.5mm line in works.

I've tried multiple solutions but I am still unable to get it to work.

:)

Lewisss585, May 3, 2020
  2. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

USB microphone compatibility

Digging a bit, seems that usb mic are not supported directly by the console, but you can use an usb mic connected to your PC and use Xbox App.
  4. Tha Krazy One Win User

USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

There are USB microphones that will work with the XBOX. One that works and is made for XBOX is the Turtle Beach Stream Mic. I personally have one and works great. Before purchasing it, I tried a BLUE Yet microphone which is USB and did not work. I
    am not aware if there are others that work but the Stream Mic works. It also has a PC app for some fine tuning and a headphone jack for Mic monitoring and game audio
  5. DeLiiVeRaNcE Win User

No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

Why, the controller works? its some kind of background settings issue I think that the xbox companion app has changed when accepting use of a mic from my pc.

All the hardware works when cross checked. it can only be a software issue :/
  6. Mattickus Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

This is so ridiculous, it is 100% a problem with the XBox Gamebar and it's use of audio interfaces. Has anyone had problems with just straight USB mics? I haven't had any USB mics not work. I started having this problem about the same time as this post. Exact issue. I have a Zoom v3 Vocal Processor connected via USB and has an XLR mic plugged in, and in Windows 11 I have only one option for the audio format. THAT SHOULDN'T MATTER! Every single other app I have on my PC can use my Zoom v3 Mic just fine, Discord, DAW Software, OBS, Video Editing software, EVEN THE FREAKIN BUILT IN "LISTEN TO YOUR MIC" setting. It all sounds fine. But when I'm using my mic in an XBOX party, using the Gamebar, it sounds like I'm a robot underwater! I heard it by listening to my friends stream that I was on. Just ridiculous! I've had to resort to using a USB mic, which sucks. Please Microsoft fix this!
Thema:

1. USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC) - Similar Threads - USB interface mic

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  6. USB ports not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB ports not working: So my towns power went out and I came back to find my USB ports didn’t want to connect my headset USB. I tried to turn it off and on (nothing), restarting and still nothing. BUT!!! My headset had...
  7. Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding: So my Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset, midgame just stopped working. I’ve been using it for about a year and no problems till now. All of a sudden the sound stopped coming through and no...
  8. Do Xbox admit USB Hubs on 2024?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do Xbox admit USB Hubs on 2024?: I have 4 peripheral devices now (controller, astro headset, keyboard and mouse) and series x have just 3 usb c762d79a-45cb-4834-82e1-58774ce5a754
  9. question about xbox series s usb port

in XBoX on Windows
    question about xbox series s usb port: Hello Microsoft, I have a question about the Xbox Series S device. My problem or question is when I connect the Xbox device to electricity, I feel when I touch the USB port I feel the presence of...
  10. My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates

in XBoX on Consoles
    My usb don’t work and when i plug in my controller it vibrates: I have an around 5 month old Xbox series S. purchased 27th of December 2023. I like to play keyboard and mouse but when i plug in both the usbs for them it doesn’t do anything. Playing keyboard...