USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read

Discus and support USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 Kingston 32GB USB Flash Drives and they both experience the same problem. I recently purchased Forza Horizon and of course, downloaded it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bnguitarman, Jun 25, 2014.

1. bnguitarman
    bnguitarman Guest

I have 2 Kingston 32GB USB Flash Drives and they both experience the same problem. I recently purchased Forza Horizon and of course, downloaded it to my USB drive. I start the single player game and after the video, the game begins loading then I'm prompted
    with a message stating the Disc Cannot Be Read. I've tried this with both flash drives and even downloaded it again (I'm sure my internet provider just loves me for downloading a 7GB game twice in one night).

I've had the same issue with F1 2013, however, I moved that to my Xbox's hard drive and it works fine now. Unfortunately, my Xbox hard drive is only 20GB and there's no room for both Horizon and F1 2013.

Other games work without any issues from the flash drives and it appears it may only happen with larger games. Anyone else have this issue?

:)

bnguitarman, Jun 25, 2014
  2. silentkill12345, Jun 25, 2014
  3. daxmims
    daxmims Guest
    Please tell me this is a sick joke

You need a 16 gb USB flash drive. It MUST have sufficient read speed 15mb/s

"This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. "

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

Good Luck

daxmims, Jun 25, 2014
  4. USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read

Delete the games off the flash drives then remove from the console and clear your console's cache. To clear the cache go to settings, system, storage highlight hdd, pres y button, select clear cache. Plug in the flash drives before you restart your console
    then re download the games again and see if they work. Hopefully your games will work now. Good luck!

MaximumExtreme, Jun 25, 2014
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

Delete the games off the flash drives then remove from the console and clear your console's cache. To clear the cache go to settings, system, storage highlight hdd, pres y button, select clear cache. Plug in the flash drives before you restart your console
    then re download the games again and see if they work. Hopefully your games will work now. Good luck!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

GTA IV digital copy issue.

I hate to say it, but your hard drive could be failing. The 360 gives same disc read errors for hard discs that it does for failing to read DVD's. The best way to test this is the problem rather than a corrupt download is to use a USB flash drive. The
    flash would have to have at least 7GB free. To download direct to a USB flash drive you will have to move your profile to the flash drive, and remove your hard drive.

If the game works fine from the flash drive, your hard drive must be failing.
  7. silentkill12345 Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Open Tray Error

8. Obsessive Power Win User

MP4 on DVD-R playback

I would suggest if your console can't read the disc to put said content on to a USB Flash drive. The Xbox One can read this.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

GTA 5 ring damage on disk

Hi there GGK Nuts

I wouldn't recommend that you install the play disc to your hard drive.

-

support.rockstargames.com/.../200155686-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

-

I did however install the install disc to my hard drive and the play disc to a PNY Attache USB flash drive and the game plays fine.

-

If you do install the play disc to a USB flash drive there are minimum requirements

-

If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.
Thema:

1. USB Flash Drive indicates Disc Cannot Be Read - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?: As title says it, I'm curious why we hadn't gotten this particular issue explained. It would be big help and boon for specific games to be updated for those who don't have Internet because they...
  3. Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow?: When I plug in my usb and go to capture and share to use it as my capture device, it says it is too slow! I have formatted it as ntfs and it still does not work! I have recorded multiple times on...
  4. Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I export a Xbox Series X Minecraft world onto a USB flash drive: So i have a homework assignment to build the great wall of China in Minecraft, but I need my teacher to be able to access it, but I'm building it on Xbox, so I thought I could export it onto a...
  5. Is there a way to Transfer Music on your Xbox 360 Hard Drive to USB Flash Drive or a Blank CD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to Transfer Music on your Xbox 360 Hard Drive to USB Flash Drive or a Blank CD?: Hello Xbox Community, today I just got a Used Good Condition Xbox 360 from Facebook Marketplace for $55. Just days ago when I was in my Storage Room, I ran across that a saw my old Xbox 360...
  6. How to access USB flash drive on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    How to access USB flash drive on Xbox Series X: Hey guys, I'm trying to mod Minecraft on my Xbox Series X, just a couple graphical files, however I can't see any of the files on the USB. Anyone know how I can do this? submitted by...
  7. How do I select a folder in an external USB flash drive on the File Explorer in Groove Music?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I select a folder in an external USB flash drive on the File Explorer in Groove Music?: i have a 64 gb USB flash drive with a folder called music, i want to select the folder, and i pressed every single button on the controller and i just can't select it. it just won't....
  8. usb flash drive not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    usb flash drive not working: so I got a flash drive 3.0 128 gigs formatted correctly and when i plug it in a little window pops up saying its in so i got to set it as capture location when i try it says i need to format it...
  9. Series X shutting down while capturing gameplay to USB 3.0 flash drive. Card is formatted...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X shutting down while capturing gameplay to USB 3.0 flash drive. Card is formatted...: My system updated last night, now whenever I game capture to my USB 3.0 flash drive my series x turns of in the middle of recording. 3 files have been corrupted today. The UI becomes unresponsive...
  10. USB Flash Drive doesn't work on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Flash Drive doesn't work on xbox one s: So, recently, I've bought a USB 3.0 Flash Drive. I've bought the USB so I could have more storage on my Xbox and so the recording on my xbox can be 1 hour, not 10 minutes. I've read through...