USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.

Discus and support USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RajatShah, Dec 25, 2023.

1. RajatShah
    RajatShah Guest

So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a loose connection due to which it might not be working. However, recently it was not connecting in any of my laptop's usb ports. I did some digging and I got to the device section. Tried all the usual fixed for usb device error, such as disabling/enabling, updating drivers, changing the power setting for usb etc.

I encountered a very strange issue when I got to the device section, I have attached images regarding the same. It shows that in

USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle. [​IMG]
    IMG1 - My controller is showing up in the devices section. At this time, I had only attached my dongle to the laptop, but not yet switched on my controller.

And,

USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle. [​IMG]

in IMG2 - My controller is not showing up in the devices section. At this time, I had kept the dongle attached to the laptop, but the only change was that I turned on my controller.

It seems as soon as I turn on my controller the dongle disconnects from my laptop. Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

RajatShah, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Jason_Crouch Win User

Xbox X|S controller no longer working reliably with Windows 10 PC

I can pair the device to my phone, and to my macbook pro.

With the Xbox controller I used to have occasional disconnection problems with an older USB BT 4.0 dongle, so I upgraded to a BT 5.0 dongle. This was pretty reliable until today. Other devices (logitech mice and keyboards, mainly) work with the PC BT dongle.

The Xbox controller works when connected by a USB-C cable.

The accessories app shows that it has the current firmware

Best

Jason
  3. jliang14 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app.
  4. philthegr81 Win User

Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected via USB C one slight nudge and it will disconnect. Any Fixes/Help?

I'm having this issue with a brand-new Pulse Red controller, on Windows 11, using an Asus USB-BT500 Bluetooth dongle (my motherboard does not have built-in Bluetooth). I thought it may be a power issue, so under Device Manager, I've disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the dongle itself. I've tried plugging it into both the back of my PC and in the front ports, to hopefully eliminate distance as an issue. Still disconnects every five minutes or so and takes about 10-15 seconds to reconnect.
  5. SilverFurby Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

"After the Anniversary Update, both my wireless dongle and Xbox One controller (both OEM) appear to be broken.

The dongle doesn't show up in Device manager, despite switching to different USB ports.

The gamepad now won't stay turned on, even connected via USB. Isn't detected in the "Xbox Accessories" app."

I have exactly the same problem..
  6. Shaggy469 Win User

PC Xbox Elite 2 Controller

Yeah I just bought a USB Dongle for the controller and turned the BT completely off.... Thanks
Thema:

1. USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle. - Similar Threads - USB device malfunctioning

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  5. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  6. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  7. My xbox elite 2 keeps disconnecting on every device fully update fully charged even with usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite 2 keeps disconnecting on every device fully update fully charged even with usb: I have been encountering this issue since 2 days now it just randomly disconnects sometimes I've tried everything the controller is updated and charged even with USB cable it still happens I tried...
  8. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...: NVM. I fixed the problem by factory resetting the controller. Yesterday I was trying to put my Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller in update mode, and it turned off and wouldn't come back on again....
  9. Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey people my sandisk Usb thumb drive is not showing up in the storage devices section, thanks: I was trying to use my SanDisk USB thumb drive to record gameplay footage and it is not showing up in the storage devices section (it flashes up for half a second but it disappears) so it is only...
  10. Xbox USB audio devices - please support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox USB audio devices - please support: I just recently sold my PS4 and got a Xbox Series X. Little did i know that my HyperX Quadcaster USB mic DOES NOT WORK on Xbox Series X. It was plug-n-play on ps4 and i know its also on PS5. This...