US based Xbox 360 S compatibility with other Xbox models available is India

Discus and support US based Xbox 360 S compatibility with other Xbox models available is India in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having Xbox 360 S model, which includes kinect sensor, 250 GB hard disk and few US based games. Recently it is not working due to some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kailas_k, Dec 15, 2018.

1. kailas_k
    kailas_k Guest

Hello,

I am having Xbox 360 S model, which includes kinect sensor, 250 GB hard disk and few US based games. Recently it is not working due to some hardware issue. This device were originally purchased in US and compatible with same region. Now I have relocated
    in India and I have used this same device for sometime.

I need some assistance, understanding on below few queries -

If it is not get repaired in India

1) can 250 GB hard disk of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

2) can kinect sensor of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

3) can remote (joystick) of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Thanks

:)

kailas_k, Dec 15, 2018
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

1) can 250 GB hard disk of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, they're all interchangeable with other xbox 360 models except the original white xbox 360, which uses a different hard drive on top. The xbox one's hard drive can not be switched.

2) can kinect sensor of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, they are all compatibly with each other. Note that the kinect for xbox one will not work on xbox 360 as that's a Kinect 2.0 and the xbox 360 must use a kinect 1.0.

3) can remote (joystick) of existing Xbox 360 S model (US based) compatible with other Xbox models available in India (Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E and Xbox one and so ....)?

Yes, you can use all xbox 360 controllers on all other xbox 360s. But you can not use them on an xbox one, you'll need an xbox one controller.

-------------------

One thing that won't work is the power supply/power brick. The USA uses 110V/60hz while India uses 220v/50hz and if you plug in the wrong power supply it will literally destroy your USA console - like smoke and maybe fire.

Also, digital games bought in another region may not work anymore if you migrate your account to India

https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    Make sure you read all the warnings before you migrate your account.

Disc games from the USA will NOT work in an India console because they are region locked. a PAL console (India) can NOT play an NSTC (USA) game. It's the same as DVD region locks. Xbox one does not have this disc region lock but xbox 360 does.
  3. kailas_k Win User

Thanks a lot ChiefJoboo for quick turnaround.

One thing that won't work is the power supply/power brick. The USA uses 110V/60hz while India uses 220v/50hz and if you plug in the wrong power supply it will literally destroy your USA console - like smoke and maybe fire.

- Yes I got your point. I have Universal power supply which is working fine for me.

Also, digital games bought in another region may not work anymore if you migrate your account to India

https://live.xbox.com/accountmigration
    Make sure you read all the warnings before you migrate your account.

- Agreed.

Showing below message while migrating my account. I think its already migrated earlier.

'Sorry, unfortunately it seems you have already changed your Xbox 360 account region in the past 12 months'

Disc games from the USA will NOT work in an India console because they are region locked. a PAL console (India) can NOT play an NSTC (USA) game. It's the same as DVD region locks. Xbox one does not have this disc region lock but xbox 360 does.

- Agreed.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kailas,

We appreciate the feedback and ChiefJoboo couldn't have said it any better. I'm glad you were helped on the forums today.

I will now be locking this thread since our ambassador seems to have answered all of your questions, but feel free to come back anytime you have any other questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
  5. ngocphi Win User

Retro Gamer trying to get uk Xbox 360 working in Canada

Yes but you need to get the right model

You gotta remember there were many models of xbox 360.

Depending on which 360 you have you will have to find a power brick based on that exact model and yes different models have different outputs

This is why you need to discern which exact model

For example super slim isn't compatible with xbox 360 s or pro or elite models etc

Amazon would be your best bet or ebay

Personally it is better to upgrade ro a newer console like xbox one s and above because you can use a figure 8 cord
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

power supply

Hey there, the best place to get a power supply is from the Microsoft Xbox online service centre website, you can order one on there
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx All xbox power supplies are compatible with another, except for different models. For instance all old xbox 360 model power supplies are only
    compatible with the old models, and all xbox 360 S power supplies are compatible with all xbox 360 S models.
Thema:

1. US based Xbox 360 S compatibility with other Xbox models available is India - Similar Threads - based 360 compatibility

2. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  3. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  4. Controller Issue: XCloud via Chromium based browsers (MS Edge or Google Chrome) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Issue: XCloud via Chromium based browsers (MS Edge or Google Chrome) and...: Just reporting a 100% reproduceable issue with XCloud and Chromium based browsers and the official Xbox Series X controller. When trying to play via Chromium based browser and using an Xbox...
  5. Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions): When i am downloading games on my xbox series x all download speed goes to this activity. The download goes pretty fast, but all other images and other activities that needs internet goes very...
  6. What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???: I think my question in rhe titles says it all. Cloud based save games are worthless, you never know when you are synced with the cloud and I've learned from Starfiekd that list saves can't be...
  7. Crossplay and skill based match making

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crossplay and skill based match making: Skill based match making is none existing I'm an average gamer I work over 45+ hours a week and I always seem to been thrown into games with players that are way more skillful on the game than me...
  8. Will an XBox 360 Disney Infinity Character Portal Base work on the XBox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will an XBox 360 Disney Infinity Character Portal Base work on the XBox One?: We have two bases from the 360 and neither are reading on the XBox One. The game works, but not the base. We cannot confirm the characters do until we have a working base....
  9. Are achievements on 360 cloud based games still unlockable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are achievements on 360 cloud based games still unlockable?: I noticed a few weeks ago 360 games showed available achievements to unlock and now none of the 360 games list any. So, I was wondering is it possible to do so still because of the old servers...
  10. We can't just "plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One", says ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    We can't just "plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One", says ...: More Xbox One update news at E3 2014 Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has stuck up for Xbox One's operating system and interface, assuring Redditors that "we will continue to add more and...