UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...

Discus and support UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I first tried to help a couple folks with this, we thought it might be a NAT or internet issue (their NAT were strict or moderate). However, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sothios Darkelf, Feb 9, 2016.

1. UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...

When I first tried to help a couple folks with this, we thought it might be a NAT or internet issue (their NAT were strict or moderate). However, I just tried this out today and my NAT is open and I have no internet issues 0% packet loss, 30 mbps dl, 2
    mbps ul.

Any clip that is created by "Xbox, Record That!" command can be shared to the activity feed without issue. However, when those clips are used with Upload Studio to make a new clip, you can upload to "Upload" and One Drive using Upload Studio, but you are
    unable to send those clips to the activity feed from the Game DVR.

Although the clips do show up in the website and can be watched there, when trying to share in the Game DVR app, we get the message:

"Sorry, we can't share this right now. It might be taking longer than usual to upload, or there might be a temporary problem with the service."

I would say that this is because I had only just made the clip in Upload Studio when I tried to share to the feed, but the other people whom I have talked to have been trying to share their clips for up to 6 days and get the same message.

Another thing I noticed; in the Game DVR app, the clips from Upload Studio have a floppy disk (save) symbol in the upper right corner while the other clips (from the "Record That" command) do not have that symbol. I am unsure if that has any significance
    to this issue as I am officially an Upload Studio/Game DVR newbie, but I'm sure it's worth mentioning.

----

With all the above said, I was reading the FAQ for Upload and Upload Studio.. I just now saw that Upload is a separate app to use. Now, if this means that the clips made from Upload Studio can only be shared in the Upload app and One Drive (and then twitter
    from one of those locations) and not in the activity feed or with others via messages, that should be a statement that is more 'in your face" on the information pages about the apps.

So, any forums Xbox Staff, please reply to this post and clarify if the above is an issue or if it was meant to be that way.

Thanks!

:)

Sothios Darkelf, Feb 9, 2016
  2. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Xbox live captures on pc

Hey Jason!

Thanks for reaching out to us today. Game clips on Xbox are recorded, edited, and shared from the Game DVR feature associated to the Upload Studio app. The Upload Studio app is the only way to upload and share clips that you recorded from Xbox or Xbox on
    Windows 10.

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to convert or transfer your recorded files that are captured using your internal graphics card. All clips are captured using the Game DVR feature and then edited and shared from Upload Studio.

Look over our
    Game DVR and Upload Studio on Xbox One
    article online that goes over how to record and share clips on Xbox.

Hope this helps!

XBF Diego M, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Can't save or share Game DVR captures?

Hey Folks:

Make sure your NAT is open.... Clips that you have recorded by the "Xbox Record That" command should be able to go to your activity feed. Also keep in mind those files are only temporary if you don't save them.

Now, if you are editing them, I believe, you need to be using Upload Studio. That is the place that will save them to the One Drive.

With that said, I have noticed that clips that are made using Upload Studio cannot be shared to the activity feed from the Game DVR. I just tested that for myself. I am able to share the normal "record that" clips but not the Upload Studio creations. (I
    will be creating a new thread for that.)

Sothios Darkelf, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Kazama Blood
    Kazama Blood Guest

UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ...

I am having the same issue. I've also read about others having this issue too on places like reddit or other forums. It would be nice if there was some official "we know about the issue" or "this is what you're doing wrong" from someone important.

Kazama Blood, Feb 13, 2016
  5. WESTW00D 83
    WESTW00D 83 Guest
    Same for me all clips saved as a upload studio file are missing and can't be shared, but there viewable on the web but I can't seem to share them grrrrr message me on Xbox guys we need a fix!

WESTW00D 83, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Preview players should have noticed that this is fixed. I'd expect this to come down to everyone soonish... (I hope)

Sothios Darkelf, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Sothios Darkelf Win User

Can't save or share Game DVR captures?

Hey Folks:

Make sure your NAT is open.... Clips that you have recorded by the "Xbox Record That" command should be able to go to your activity feed. Also keep in mind those files are only temporary if you don't save them.

Now, if you are editing them, I believe, you need to be using Upload Studio. That is the place that will save them to the One Drive.

With that said, I have noticed that clips that are made using Upload Studio cannot be shared to the activity feed from the Game DVR. I just tested that for myself. I am able to share the normal "record that" clips but not the Upload Studio creations. (I
    will be creating a new thread for that.)
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

Game clips

Hey there WattledOrpheus1,

You can view your clips on the Xbox One console in the upload studio app and then either share them out to your Activity Feed or OneDrive there. That's probably the easiest way to do it. Are you able to see your clips if you check in Upload Studio?
  9. Kazama Blood Win User

UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game DVR app.

I am having the same issue. I've also read about others having this issue too on places like reddit or other forums. It would be nice if there was some official "we know about the issue" or "this is what you're doing wrong" from someone important.
  10. WESTW00D 83 Win User

UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game DVR app.

Same for me all clips saved as a upload studio file are missing and can't be shared, but there viewable on the web but I can't seem to share them grrrrr message me on Xbox guys we need a fix!
  11. Sothios Darkelf Win User

Preview players should have noticed that this is fixed. I'd expect this to come down to everyone soonish... (I hope)
Thema:

1. UPLOAD STUDIO - Clips created in Upload Studio cannot be shared on activity feed from Game ... - Similar Threads - UPLOAD STUDIO Clips

2. I can't add clip in upload studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't add clip in upload studio: Has anyone come across this problem with upload studio? When I clic add clip it only adds a 1 second blank video. I have an original xbox one. Everything seems to be updated. I even tried to...
  3. 4K Upload Studio and YouTube Clip Uploads

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K Upload Studio and YouTube Clip Uploads: How do I upload 4k clips to YouTube from my Xbox One X? Also, am I able to edit 4K videos on Upload Studio? If not, will Upload Studio be 4K-compatible soon? b73e73f4-c439-4216-af46-f80557ffc32e
  4. Upload Studio - record game clip button missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio - record game clip button missing: Hi, I want to record clips longer than the max 10mins supported by the default Xbox recorder, and I've read online that upload studio should allow to record clips up to 30mins. So I've downloaded...
  5. Upload studio clip edit ruining footage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload studio clip edit ruining footage: I made a 5 minute clip to ensure that I captured the whole thing, then I trimmed it down to 2 minutes, but it deleted the old clip and gave me a 2 minute screenshot of part of the video with...
  6. Can't add clip to upload studio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add clip to upload studio.: I recently pieced together a bunch of clips and uploaded it with the intent of adding music. After I uploaded the base video to my Xbox and live, it won't let me add the clip back to upload...
  7. Getting an Error after Trimming a game clip with upload studio!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting an Error after Trimming a game clip with upload studio!: Looking to see if anybody else is getting an Error when uploading after editing a clip on Upload Studio on the Xbox One?? I have Internet Connection. [img] 85ef5076-62d3-4a96-bc2a-54d7b9426758
  8. Upload Studio multi clip question...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upload Studio multi clip question...: ive seen lots of user montage clips and ive used the studio many times, but how would i add music all the way through my template? lie beyond just clipping a song in each "commentary" option? i...
  9. Upload Studio Clip Delayed Access After Publishing (6 Days)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Studio Clip Delayed Access After Publishing (6 Days): There is currently an issue that is increasing the amount of time before a clip becomes available for sharing/viewing by anyone other than the original creator. In my case, the last three I've...
  10. Upload Studio Clip Name Restrictions SUCK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Studio Clip Name Restrictions SUCK: Seriously... Have they not realised that words like "Lass" is actually the word for a Scots female. Maybe they hate Lassie too. Yup, you guessed it... if a swear word is hidden in a legitimate...