: Upload speed issue and high ping

Discus and support : Upload speed issue and high ping in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Upload speed issue and high ping In a further test with the third xbox in the house, this one is an Xbox one (not an xbox one x). This is wired to an... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by mlkri, Mar 25, 2019.

1. mlkri
    mlkri Guest

In a further test with the third xbox in the house, this one is an Xbox one (not an xbox one x). This is wired to an access point in a wifi mesh network (Netgear Orbi) that is then wired to the main router. Exact same results!

The network testing on the xbox shows 280 Mbps down and just over 2Mbps up, 64 ms latency, 1% packet loss (this is different the others had 0 packet loss) and 1480 MTU.

Then go to the MS edge app on the xbox and do speedtest.net ...zoom! 320MBps down, 30Mbps up and 18 ms ping.

Granted again it depends on the server being reached but still seems absurd that the box cant get a higher upload and faster ping.

I didnt answer other questions that were asked before, so I hope someone is still attemoted to help with this. I it is not a new problem, one of the reasons for getting this Netgear XR 700 router was because of lag issues. We also recently, a couple months
    now, upgraded internet speed to this next tier. The download speeds during this test with the xbox network statistics increased tremendously but not the upload speeds.

:)

mlkri, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Da Wife Said No Win User

network speed!

@OP What is your ping time? A high ping time could be more of the issue than the download or upload speed.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. BulletMagnet 0 Win User

Upload speed issue and high ping

Ok while i appreciate the reply, i have to say all this information was basically in the original post. Subsequent posts and replies outline how the xbox using the edge app gets exactly the speeds i should have. Doing the network test doesnt get upload and
    has very high ping.

So can you outline how this would be an ISP issue?

For example i see you have the same ISP and speed package i have. My xboxes are wired not wireless but you are also only getting 88 down and 5.16 up? Im getting almost full download but barely 2Mbps upload. So how is it the isp?

Are you having the same “lag” issues in games?

I believe this to be an ISP issue at least for most affected Xbox users. For those who are experiencing download and/or upload issues please provide the following information:

ISP Name?

Max download you should see?

Max upload speed you should see?

Xbox Speed Test (Detailed network statistics)

Download speed?

Upload speed?

Packet loss?

Latency?

Are you using Xbox wired or wireless connection?

What wireless router band are you using? 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz or Not Applicable

Are you using IPv4 or IPv6?

Cable Modem Make and Model?

Router Make and Model?

-------------------------------------------------------

Below is my current information:

ISP Name? Cox

Max download you should see? 300 Mbps

Max upload speed you should see? 30 Mpbs

Xbox Speed Test (Detailed network statistics)

Download speed? 88.37 Mpbs

Upload speed? 5.16 Mpbs

Packet loss? 0%

Latency? 37 ms

Are you using Xbox wired or wireless connection? Wireless

What wireless router band are you using? 5 GHz

Are you using IPv4 or IPv6? IPv4

Cable Modem Make and Model? Motorola MB8600

Router Make and Model? ASUS RT-AC3100
  5. 50498903-688d-48bf-a Win User

Hey there MLKRI thanks for keeping in touch.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup. This step is given in order to absolutely discard the console as the problem so try it on one console. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
    Thank you for this reply, Ive finally gotten time to go through the soft factory reset. Short answer, no change.

but interestingly while the results on the detailed network statistics check were exactly the same with download at 280+ and upload around 2 with latency at 63 still, the speedtest using the MS Edge browser was zipping! Over 330 download, over 30 upload
    and ping of 10. So this xbox can do it, just seems Xbox Live doesnt want to let me?
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Mlkri

I do to ask if you are using wired or wireless connection and check the different devices could be taking more at certain times than others so it can make a difference.
Thema:

1. : Upload speed issue and high ping - Similar Threads - Upload speed issue

2. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  3. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  4. Upload Speed unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Speed unavailable: I've been trying to get my Xbox 1 hardwired to my internet but despite being connected, my xbox has trouble loading online games and playing apps like hulu. Download speed: 376 mbps Upload...
  5. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.: I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet...
  6. xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.: I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber optic. My xbox and a wireless router are the only...
  7. Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox x series randomly drop upload speed? Please help! Its been a on going...: I have a xbox X series (ethernet) and two xbox ones (wireless) on the same network with 1gb download and 20+mb upload speed with my isp. Randomly my x series drops to less than 1mb of upload...
  8. Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X statistics test results the Upload speed test is NOT AVAILABLE: Has this problem ever been reported before the "December 2022 update? I bought my Xbox series X in June 2022 and it was working flawlessly up until the Xbox update in Dec. 2022. That is when...
  9. Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed network statistics test reports the Upload speed=Not Available and the MTU=Not...: This problem started on or about the first week of December 2022 following a Xbox series X update download that appears to have been mandatory. My Xbox series X started locking up while playing...
  10. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping: Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8) Pocket loss: 0%...