Upload Captures to Xbox Live storage missing from console

Discus and support Upload Captures to Xbox Live storage missing from console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure what's going on here but I have more than 50% of space remaining for my Xbox Live storage. However, I am missing the option to upload game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NA234, Apr 24, 2023.

1. NA234
    NA234 Guest

Not sure what's going on here but I have more than 50% of space remaining for my Xbox Live storage. However, I am missing the option to upload game captures to Xbox Live storage. I do have the preferences enabled to allow game captures by me and games. I have tried signing out and then in of my account. I have also reset my console but nothing is working to bring that option back.

Edit to include: I can still save captures directly to my Xbox internal storage and upload to OneDrive.

I do not have any warnings from Xbox about any action taken on my account (I haven't even done anything so I don't know if there is such a thing as a suspension from only uploading captures) the only game I really record is an MMO shooter and there is nothing that would be inappropriate about it.

I am at a complete loss as to why I no longer have the option to upload game captures to Xbox Live storage. This is now on day two.

I'm on an Xbox One all digital console. I haven't heard of anything such as Microsoft disabling Live storage from older consoles (unless I have somehow missed that news)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

NA234, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello NA234 , we have received some similar occurrences in our community.

Unfortunately we still don't have any official position from Microsoft, the ideal in these cases would be contact Xbox support, they may have some more up-to-date information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

"do captures save to the console’s internal storage regardless of whether or not they’re uploaded to the Xbox Network?"

All captures are initially stored on the console before they can be uploaded to the Xbox Network.

Only the captures you choose to be uploaded will be unless you choose automatic uploads in your Settings options.

Only uploaded captures (ie on the Xbox network) can be shared to your profile, clubs, etc.

There is a finite space for captures on the console so if space is all used up any further captures will overwrite the oldest captures.

Its possible to have a copy of a capture on the console as well as on the Xbox network but this limits your consoles storage for new captures. After uploading it's best to delete the console copy.
  4. A Skilled Shot Win User

Problems downloading my captures

I am confused to if you are trying to upload captures from your xbox to xbox live, or download captures from xbox live to your xbox.

I believe there is a limit as to how much you can upload, so if trying to upload maybe look at deleting some old clips you probably have some that you are done with I know I do.

If your trying to dowload captures from xbox live to your xbox, check how much available storage your xbox has, if you also have external storage connected check to see if you are downloading to the external storage or your internal
    storage, (you want which ever is not already full)

You could also attempt stopping and restarting your upload or download

Hope this helped, good luck
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

deleted game captures after 30 days stored on xbox console

Game pics/captures that haven’t had any views or engagement may be deleted at some point, you might want to back up your pics. If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, You should save them to OneDrive or an external drive for example. I will list the steps below regarding this matter. Also if you have reached capacity for storage of captures on Xbox Live, it will delete the oldest ones first to make room for the new ones uploaded.

To back up your pics/ capture you need to:

Upload captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive from your console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Broadcast & capture.
    2. Select Recent captures > See All.
    3. Select the list view button on the right to display your captures in a list.
    4. Select the check box next to the captures you want to upload.
    5. Select the Upload to OneDrive button to begin uploading.
    Upload captures from Xbox Live to Google Drive from your PC

1. Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    2. Sign in to the app using your Microsoft account.
    3. Select the Captures icon on the left menu panel.
    4. Select On Xbox Live to view captures you’ve uploaded to Xbox Live.
    5. Select the Download button to download the captures locally to your PC. These will be stored in the Videos folder on your C drive.
    6. Upload your local files to Google Drive or another storage location
  6. FuzzLiteBeard Win User

Xbox Screenshots and Record Captures

So, it sounds like you are looking for locally stored captures? I thought captures uploaded to the cloud and then deleted from the local storage pretty quickly.

Are you seeing what you expect to find in local storage on Xbox Live as well?
Thema:

1. Upload Captures to Xbox Live storage missing from console - Similar Threads - Upload Captures Live

2. Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload captures to OneDrive from the Xbox network: Help, I'm afraid I will lose my xbox captures since I can't upload them. I used the Microsoft 365 free trial thinking I didn't have enough space just to be met with the same error message "Failed...
  3. Xbox captures not uploading to Onedrive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox captures not uploading to Onedrive: I heard that Xbox is going to be deleting all screenshots and captures that are saved via the Xbox Network. I tried uploading all of my captures to Onedrive through xbox, but the captures are not...
  4. I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?: I’m trying to upload all of my captures to OneDrive but only 2 out of over 400 have uploaded and it’s been over 3 hours since i started the backup. even when i try to upload one at a time it...
  5. Help with uploading Xbox Captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with uploading Xbox Captures: This morning, my onedrive was full and so my Xbox captures couldn't upload. This morning I have deleted a lot of things from my onedrive. Will my Xbox captures automatically upload as soon as i...
  6. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  7. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  8. Cannot upload game captures to the Xbox Live network.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot upload game captures to the Xbox Live network.: For the past few days I am unable to upload my game captures neither pictures nor videos to the xbox live network. They only upload to the console. They do not show up on the Xbox app either. When...
  9. How come when i upload a capture to xbox live it doesn't appear on my mobile app. This...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come when i upload a capture to xbox live it doesn't appear on my mobile app. This...: How come when i upload a capture to xbox live it doesn't appear on my mobile app. This hasnt been a problem up until a day ago. 7a9ed7f8-3dff-43ee-a792-2b67adfb0990
  10. Captures aren't showing on the app after they were uploaded to xbox live

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures aren't showing on the app after they were uploaded to xbox live: So I'm trying to get some gameclips to show to a friend. But when I go to the app to save em, they don't show up. They were uploaded to Xbox about 30 mins ago and I don't know what's wrong...