Updating mid competitive match

Discus and support Updating mid competitive match in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thanks for forcing me to update my console mid competitive match in Rainbow Six Seige! Really wanted to let my friends down because I so desperately... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McAllister1995, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Updating mid competitive match

Thanks for forcing me to update my console mid competitive match in Rainbow Six Seige! Really wanted to let my friends down because I so desperately needed this 700 MB update! Why is this a thing Xbox???

:)

McAllister1995, Oct 11, 2017
  2. dainja raas
    dainja raas Guest
    Almost unplayable

I'm in the U.K. Western Europe servers , game constantly freezes up pre match , mid match and post match , just not funny .

dainja raas, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.

Smwutches, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

It isn't if you have your console in Instant on mode or have the "keep my console up to date" box ticked if you use energy saving mode.

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one released.

You can do either in your settings on your console.

Daft Badger, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Hey there Retro 5oldier,

In addition to what Daft Badger mentioned, if you're in the Xbox Insider Program, you're more prone to having updates since it's a test program. Some updates are mandatory and can't be delayed, that's why it's a good idea if you're
    in the preview program to keep your console up to date.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

It isn't if you have your console in Instant on mode or have the "keep my console up to date" box ticked if you use energy saving mode.

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one released.

You can do either in your settings on your console.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there Retro 5oldier,

In addition to what Daft Badger mentioned, if you're in the Xbox Insider Program, you're more prone to having updates since it's a test program. Some updates are mandatory and can't be delayed, that's why it's a good idea if you're
    in the preview program to keep your console up to date.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. dainja raas Win User

Almost unplayable

I'm in the U.K. Western Europe servers , game constantly freezes up pre match , mid match and post match , just not funny .
  9. COD 2 HALO Win User

After Christmas the number of people playing have almost doubled. Guess they did sell alot more consoles/games than reported

The competition on the ONE has been much more competitive in the last week. Almost matching that of the 360 at times.
  10. Outhustled Win User

War Supporter medal

I got it on my first quick mid-game match that we won! lol
Thema:

1. Updating mid competitive match - Similar Threads - Updating mid competitive

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  6. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  7. Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with...: Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec and now the device is switching off mid game and prompted with thermal warning on restart. [img] [img] Is this an issue with the device itself and needs...
  8. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  9. My games and update stop mid download what do I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games and update stop mid download what do I do: I want to download a game and update it but when I Get halfway it stops l b387e0ed-153a-4d5f-8910-db3854d4e648
  10. Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox update mid-game. I mean come on i just lost all my data over a 200mb...: thanks for nothing like always. Luckily my ps5 doesnt do it. 6a3c4d1f-0766-49c3-ba0b-1d865d852b49