Updating mid competitive match

Discus and support Updating mid competitive match in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thanks for forcing me to update my console mid competitive match in Rainbow Six Seige! Really wanted to let my friends down because I so desperately... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McAllister1995, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Updating mid competitive match

Thanks for forcing me to update my console mid competitive match in Rainbow Six Seige! Really wanted to let my friends down because I so desperately needed this 700 MB update! Why is this a thing Xbox???

:)

McAllister1995, Oct 11, 2017
  2. dainja raas
    dainja raas Guest
    Almost unplayable

I'm in the U.K. Western Europe servers , game constantly freezes up pre match , mid match and post match , just not funny .

dainja raas, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.

Smwutches, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

It isn't if you have your console in Instant on mode or have the "keep my console up to date" box ticked if you use energy saving mode.

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one released.

You can do either in your settings on your console.

Daft Badger, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Hey there Retro 5oldier,

In addition to what Daft Badger mentioned, if you're in the Xbox Insider Program, you're more prone to having updates since it's a test program. Some updates are mandatory and can't be delayed, that's why it's a good idea if you're
    in the preview program to keep your console up to date.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

It isn't if you have your console in Instant on mode or have the "keep my console up to date" box ticked if you use energy saving mode.

Never been kicked out of a game for an update since the xbox one released.

You can do either in your settings on your console.
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there Retro 5oldier,

In addition to what Daft Badger mentioned, if you're in the Xbox Insider Program, you're more prone to having updates since it's a test program. Some updates are mandatory and can't be delayed, that's why it's a good idea if you're
    in the preview program to keep your console up to date.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. dainja raas Win User

Almost unplayable

I'm in the U.K. Western Europe servers , game constantly freezes up pre match , mid match and post match , just not funny .
  9. COD 2 HALO Win User

After Christmas the number of people playing have almost doubled. Guess they did sell alot more consoles/games than reported

The competition on the ONE has been much more competitive in the last week. Almost matching that of the 360 at times.
  10. Outhustled Win User

War Supporter medal

I got it on my first quick mid-game match that we won! lol
Thema:

1. Updating mid competitive match - Similar Threads - Updating mid competitive

2. Why does insiders kick me out mid game to update?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does insiders kick me out mid game to update?: I'm sat playing a game online and mid session I am kicked out and forced to do an update. How do I make it to where I can set the time it updates or something so it doesn't interrupt me?...
  3. Forced console update mid-game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game?: Middle of a game xbox goes black screen and forces a update or i have to play offline,, no warning?? so I've read the other posts already about this issue and I just want to know why this...
  4. Forced update mid game on Alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Forced update mid game on Alpha skip ahead: Xbox just dropped me out of a multiplayer game, forced an update and restarted... really inconvenient ! submitted by /u/wyabcp [link] [comments]
  5. Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?

in XboX Insiders
    Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?: I'm in the middle of a ranked rocket league match, finally getting my groove and doing well, and the goddamn xbox blacks out and then goes into a system update. Why was I not even given an option...
  6. I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...

in XboX Insiders
    I was in a game while this decided to update mid game & I have auto update off this has...: [IMG] submitted by /u/_Azu___ [link] [comments]
  7. MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game!

in XboX Insiders
    MS how it is this hard to get it right, stop forcing Xbox insider updates mid game!: This has now happened twice to me in a month, middle of a game and just just get booted to an update screen that forces me to update, or sets me offline, either way booting me out of my online...
  8. New update forced download mid game

in XboX Insiders
    New update forced download mid game: The latest dashboard update just kicked me out of a ranked game of Rainbow 6 Siege. Totally out of order and now I will have a time-out I will need to wait through. submitted by /u/Oldinn...
  9. Updates shouldn't happen mid game

in XboX Insiders
    Updates shouldn't happen mid game: I know the updates need to happen in order for us to test them. But the consoles should check for updates when you turn them on and download any available updates then. Not in the middle of...
  10. Just going to point out that updates still pop up mid game with no option to stay online to...

in XboX Insiders
    Just going to point out that updates still pop up mid game with no option to stay online to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/CristiCDX [link] [comments]