Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...

Discus and support Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tried restarting the application keeps going backwards b731d3c3-d2ff-4033-894e-c541cf2914a6 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlwaysHasProblems, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...

Tried restarting the application keeps going backwards

:)

AlwaysHasProblems, Jun 25, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation manager in Microsoft flight sim and it keeps going backwards

Flight simulator will display multiple files being updated, which might generate the appearance of "going backwards"
  3. XBF John Win User
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Flight Simulator Update goes backwards

Good to hear that the update is done, Link327!

Hopefully you have found the support articles helpful too. We will be closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to create new thread - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Link327,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We know how important it is for you to download the update and we appreciate your patience for the wait. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

As per description, you are almost the end of downloading the updates when the download went back to 46%. As unlikely for it to happen let us check what are these updates for so we know why it went backwards. The update for a game includes and not limited to additional content and fixes to bugs. That would be normal if the installation did went to 100% and go back to 1% -100% again to make a quick scan otherwise you are redownloading all the packages after each update of the game. Also, if the installation gets stuck in 46%, that will be a different story.

May we know if the installation is done by now? Or did you restarted the update or canceled it?

Discussed on a support article, there is a way to stop redownloading all the packages after each update and to know more about that please see this link: All versions - Why am I redownloading all the packages after each update? – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support.

Support articles that you might find helpful:

Installation Guides – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

All versions - Can I choose or change the installation path? (Install on the D: drive instead of the C: drive for instance) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

KNOWN ISSUES (Last update Jan. 31, 2022) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Link327 Win User

It’s done. I was able to put it where it was supposed to go by pausing it and restarting the simulator.
Thema:

Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation...

1. Updating Flight Simulator and the download goes backwards. Tried restarting installation... - Similar Threads - Updating Flight Simulator

2. Flight simulator update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flight simulator update: Please can someone help me I’ve bought the flight simulator for my son it downloaded in steam but now says needs an update it’s now taken 12 hours and only on 13 percent. Is this normal???...
  3. Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with Updates for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Well I downloaded Microsoft flight sim and everything was going great until the new mandatory update. So when I was about to update just like usual ( I have 55gb in my storage now.), watching all...
  4. I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t start Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox and it says that it needs an update....: I have an Xbox and Microsoft flight simulator. When I start msfs, it shows that it needs an update When I click on « update », it shows that it can’t do the update And then when I retry to...
  5. Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator 2020 update problems: Hello today the new msfs arrived (dvd version) when after I installed it I needed to do a mandatory update but when the update was at like 8Gb it went back to 5 Gb...
  6. I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for...: I own Flight Simulator X for PC and keep seeing Flight Simulator 2020 is a free update for PC owners of the game, but I cannot find it for example: And, best of all, the Microsoft Flight...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Stuck in Update screen/ start screen: I have this problem over time, and now i can't play the game. When i launch the game by steam it opens in the same screen ang get stuck aways. I tried to delete roaming folders, remove the...
  8. can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on...: can anyone tell how to get the new sim update 14 beta of microsoft flight simulator on xcloud microsoft flight simulator please? 310cf484-e5b1-4570-a822-0688d474dbee
  9. microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft flight simulator is stuck on a 0b update followed support instructions and it...: this has been going on for a week and ive waited 3 hours today a0237ffc-3e16-4d02-ba91-a239ab6275f1
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Update does not work: After opening the game, the installation manager opens and the update starts, but nothing changes and the update does not load. By the way, it always worked before. I have no internet problems and...