Updating a Game hangs at Download at 0% Indefinitely

Discus and support Updating a Game hangs at Download at 0% Indefinitely in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been a recurring problem since I upgraded to windows 11, and is making me wonder if I need to do a fresh reinstall. Essentially, any time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fuzzy08, Jun 21, 2023.

1. fuzzy08
    fuzzy08 Guest

This has been a recurring problem since I upgraded to windows 11, and is making me wonder if I need to do a fresh reinstall. Essentially, any time I open up the xbox app and there's a game that requires an update, I hit update, and it adds the game to the download queue, and then nothing happens. When I first had this issue, I tried the following steps:

- Restarting the computer

- pausing and resuming the download

- signing out of and back into my xbox account

- restarting xbox services

- going into app settings and resetting xbox gaming services and the xbox app

- uninstalling the game (when I do this I then have the same problem but just with the whole game download)

It's not my internet connection speed, I suppose it's possible it could maybe be some other network configuration problem.

I should note that EVENTUALLY... like... after 12 HOURS of leaving my computer on with the download queue up, it finally started, but I was messing around with things here and there during that time so I don't know if it was something I did.

p.s. The game I've been experiencing this the most with is Halo Infinite

:)

fuzzy08, Jun 21, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: